Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddam: His final days...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

What I mean is that there is no proof of IRAQ's innocence (hard to prove anyone’s innocence)...

It is not a criminal trial where a defenddant is persumed innocent untill proven guilty.

Resoulution 1441 called for complete and immediate disarment.

Saddam needed to either dis-arm or covince Dr. Blix that he had disarmed.

I completely agree with you about evidence brought up by the UK and US. It was wanting to put it mildly.

But, I hope the war will indeed be a short one & that the lot of the average Iraqi will improve. They deresve some peace after years of wars and sanctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Meh
    You have it the wrong way round. The burden of proof is on Saddam to show that he has complied with 1441.

How can you show that you do not have something....especially when those making the allegations will be about as specific as :

"We know he has stuff. We're not entirely sure what, how much, where, or what delivery mechanism, but he has stuff. We have the proof...we just cant tell anyone."

In the face of such strong allegations, it is impossible to prove innocence.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

...all of which overlooks the previous 16 (?) resolutions which Saddam singuarly failed to comply with.

Mike.

Advertisement