Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get my framerate over 60fps?

Options
  • 21-03-2003 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

It's driving me nuts!

like the steering wheel down me jocks

Luc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Have you got a decent G card?

I play with G3 ti 500 set at 800x600 with sound set on 11hhz/mhz

Get average 100FPS on most maps.
    Drops to 50 in the height of battle.

What graphics card have you ?

//where did this forum come from ?
    kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Set the sound settings lower. Details lower if it still doesn't make a difference.

And get a better PC ;)
    What spec is the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I have a Herc gf3, one of the first ones... It's been good to me so far...but I'll be in the market for a new one in a few months...

I want to get the most out of it for now tho.

Running @ 800x640x32

I have mad sounds problems, (loud static 'noise'), which I fixed by disabling hardware acceleration and upping the khz to 44khz etc. I'll try 11khz and see if that helps.
    //where did this forum come from ?
    // I set it up there 10 mins ago :)

Luc

Originally posted by koneko
    What spec is the system?

1.6 P4 running @ 2.4
    Hercules GeForce 3
    Creative Live! Plat
    768megs o'DDR Love.

Luc

Your sound is buggered lower it to 11khz trust me ;p

Then lag free playing ,you probably get major lag when bots or a few players appear on screen.
    Great game BF but the sound is buggered.

EA Sound Guide
    Tweak Town BF guide

kdjac

• Advertisement

Yea, I've already followed that tweaktown guide as much as I can...

Also set my sounds setting to the recommended for my Live! as described on EA.

Anyone know how I can apply console commands in a custom cfg? Which file do I use? there's tons of .con files like...

Perhaps there's an 'exec' type command?

Luc

Here are most console commands there are more.
    As i get boreder in work i find more :)
    Accessing the Console

In order to access the console in Battlefield 1942, you need to use the " ~ " tidle key, which is located just above your "Tab Key". This will drop down your console in game where you can enter the specific commands listed below.

Server Commands

Game.listplayers
    Every player has an ID number, which is used for kicking/voting off the player. This command lists those numbers.

Game.listmaps
    Each map on the server has a unique id number, which is necessary for map voting. This command lists those numbers.

Game.enablefreecamera *
    This enables free look mode on clients who are waiting to spawn. For *, 1 turns free look on, 0 turns it off. Note that this command can only be run from the server, or by a user that has remote server access.

Game.killplayer *
    * is equal to the player id number. Note that this command can only be run from the server, or by a user that has remote server access.

Admin.kickplayer *
    * is equal to the player id number. Note that this command can only be run from the server, or by a user that has remote server access.

Admin.banplayer *

Admin.removeaddressfrombanlist *
    * is equal to the IP of a banned player. Note that this command can only be run from the server, or by a user that has remote server access.

Admin.addaddresstobanlist *
    * is equal to the IP address to the client that is to be banned. Note that this command can only be run from the server, or by a user that has remote server access.

Admin.clearbanlist
    This allows all users that were previously banned to once again connect to the server. Note that this command can only be run from the server, or by a user that has remote server access.

Admin.changemap *
    * is equal to the name of the map. Note that this command can only be run from the server, or by a user that has remote server access.

Admin.externalviews *
    This command enables/disables external camera views on clients connected to the server. For *, 1 turns external views on, 0 turns it off. Note that this also disables the nose cam. Also, note that this command can only be run from the server, or by a user that has remote server access.

Admin.listbannedaddresses
    Lists the IP addresses that are banned from connecting to the server. Note that this command can only be run from the server, or by a user that has remote server access.

Admin.allownosecam *
    This command enables/disables the ability for clients to turn off the airplane HUD. (Allows easier flying.) For *, 1 turns nose cam on, 0 turns it off. Also note that if external views are turned off, nose cam cannot be used. Note that this command can only be run from the server, or by a user that has remote server access.

Voting Commands
    Game.votemap *
    This command will initiate/cast a vote to change the map. * is equal to the map id number.

Game.votekickplayer *
    This command will initiate/cast a vote to kick a player. Players on both teams can participate in this vote. * is equal to the player id number.

Game.votekickteamplayer *
    This command will initiate/cast a vote to kick a player. Voting is restricted to the team of the player who initiated the vote. * is equal to the player id number.

Admin.votingtime *
    This command sets the amount of time clients have to cast a vote after it has been initiated. * is equal to the number of seconds clients will have to vote. Note that this command can only be run from the server, or by a user that has remote server access.

Remote Console Access
    Admin.enableremoteadmin password
    The SERVER needs to have this command executed every map. The password can include numbers OR letters, but not a combination of the two. NOTE: DO NOT INCLUDE ANY SPACES IN YOUR PASSWORD.

The CLIENT that is to have remote admin access is to execute this command. The password must be the same as the one set on the server.

Admin.execremotecommand "command"
    To execute a command from a client, one would type the admin.execremotecommand, followed by the desired admin command in quotation marks. For example, to kick someone with the player id of 7 from a client machine, one would type the following (after going through the first two steps of this section.)

Admin.execremotecommand "admin.kickplayer 7"

Other Helpful Commands
    Console.showfps *
    This toggles the FPS display on and off. For *, 1 turns FPS on and 0 turns it off.

Console.showstats *
    This toggles the debug stats display on and off. For *, 1 turns the debug stats display on and 0 turns it off.

Game.disconnect
    This disconnects the player from the current game.

Game.changeplayername *
    This allows a user to quickly change his name. * is equal to the player name.

Game.useHUD *
    This will remove all your HUD except for your gun. * 0=off 1=on

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Perhaps its locked to a 60hz refresh rate

try setting:
    renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

In the file \Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings\VideoDefaut.con

and see if theres different refreshrate options enabled in the ingame video resolution selection menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

what Spoonman said. blame win xp.

adnans

Advertisement