Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelly Whoppers

Options
  • 21-03-2003 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

With the choppers in Paralell Worlds and Desert Combat i have serious issues flying them.

As far a is know Loop the Loop isnt a common move in a chopper.

Anyone got any tips for flying these??

Or a 1mb line and would host a few players in some training.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Joystick???

Ehh i dont use/have one.

I use the keys for everything in BF.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You need a good joystik to fly the choppers best. one with a trottle too so you can hover propely. I want one.

And COOL! a BF board! just found it :)
    Who is Mod though?
    /me puts up hand

Gonna try use my pad for flying it has dual POV and i HATE those big joysticks a hatred that stems from my QuickShot on C64.

//If im not made Mod for constantly banging on about a BF1942 forum its an injustice.

kdjac

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

All I can do in the choppers is go up, if I try and move I always turn over and fall to earth :)

KdjaC and Merc for mod :)

BTW get a joystick, I have the Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold and flying with it is a lot more fun than using a keyboard.

Im making a map called "Flight school" single player map nearly done just need DaCrapper to code in the models and the bots.

I have 2 versions a DC and a normal one.

I really need this map :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Best way to learn choppers is create a LAN game on gazala and go allies (they spawn beside their airfield more, and 2 choppers spawn beside each other) and just practice flying about, after you can fly about safely enough practice simple aiming, fire at buildings and try to hit them perectly with your missiles from a decent range, then if you have any friends nearby with a PC, bring them over and play it on LAN, get them to hop into a tiger and try to kill it in 1 attack run (it isnt hard in a chopper). After you can do all that, try killing a humvee/similar, its dead easy but good for your chopper tracking skills.
    Then try to go against bots in your chopper, your not looking for a challenge, just a few targets to wander about stupidly so you can practice picking targets and removing them from history.

I can fly a chopper pretty damn well and I still use keyboard and mouse for it, just learn to not hold a direction until your facing where you want to be, these things are horribly unresponsive (especially in parallelworld, I advise you learn in PW because the choppers require more control to use and are more flexable when flew right), so remember to let go of turn before your facing where you want to be, you will soon learn when to let go of turn, all it takes is practice, you will learn this when fighting against a humvee.

I have a joystick that swivels (I think thats the word) :) I suppose I have yet to map the keys the way I want them.

However get me in an F-16 or the A-10 Warthog and Ill take out pretty much anyone.

Advertisement