Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISP's

Options
  • 21-03-2003 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    Getting a phone line put in next week and I'm trying to figure out which ISP to go with. Looking around UTV seems to be the best deal.
    I would really be an evening surfer.

Anyone got any thoughts on this???

Am even in the right forum???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Well, the broadband forum usually deals with broadband (ADSL, Wireless 802.11x etc) but I'm sure most people here have a good knowledge of the dialup options too. Personally I'm not on dialup, but I have heard only good things about the UTVip offering. ESAT are also offering a product called NetSmart which is along the same lines as UTVip but I think you only get 120 hours with that one as opposed to the 150 with UTVip. Another good thing about UTVip is you will be able to switch to FRIACO (Basically Flat Rate dialup, no more phone call charges!) at no extra cost. As far as I know, no other company has made a bold claim like that.

Another thing to take into consideration, you will have to switch your telephony service to UTV. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but make sure you check out their pricing to see if it suits you first. The same applies if you decide to go with NetSmart.

In conclusion, go with UTVip, but it might be worth checking to see if you are covered by www.irishbroadband.ie (assuming the installation isn't beyond your means).

Advertisement