Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the hellish jinx of fantasy football (or superstitions)

• 21-03-2003 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

I recently set up a fantasy football team thinking it would be a bit of a caper. As an Arsenal fan i decided to put some of the boys in my line up for some sure fire points.

Little did I know that waiting in the wings was the hellish fantasy football curse.

three weeks later we are out of the champions league and down to a two point lead,

was it all my fault or some geezer in London forgot to don his lucky match day shorts???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think you are soley responsible, and as a united fan would like to pass my appreciation onto you. A job well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

yes I am probably responsible, on a related note what's your views on the up and coming AFC vs Man U clash ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Cant wait for United to win three points down there. ;)

I am expecting an almighty battle. Ferguson has already started fanning the flames by saying how he would love to get Arsenal back for their celebrations at OT after the cup game and that if they win the title this year it will be the sweetest victory of the lot.

Should be a cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Hard to call. Arsenal are a great side but United should be pissed at the way they were played off the pitch in the cup. Would hope united to get at least a draw, which of course will open the door for Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Arsenal will win and go on to win the league now that they have no distractions, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Anyone ever notice that when United are out of the news they never lose any games? Mmmmm....

Look at Arsenals recent record - not too good really - scrapping a home win against Everton, series of draws in Big Cup (Champions League), beaten by Blackburn... if Man Ure beat them at Highbury the Stretford boys have the title...

Why didn't Wenger buy some defensive cover? And why won't Arsenal cross the ball? Their policy of trying to walk it into the net is entertaining, but it's costing them points....

And forget Newcastle getting in the door - if Man City win the rest of their games, we can just about squeeze 4th place...

Hurrah!!:D

Advertisement