Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pill

• 21-03-2003 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey there, i hope this isnt too much of a personal, icky topic but other posts about the pill have got me thinking.

ive just started taking a pill called 'femodene'. there were warnings of migraine and depession on the packet. i dont know if im being paranoid or not but i already am depressed and now i feel like the low moods have been getting worse and more frequent. i keep crying for no real reason, over tiny things im usuallly able to deal with.

also ive been getting really bad headaches, not migraines, but they're really bad. i suppose the obvious thing is to go back to the doctor, but she also mentioned that things can be fuked up at the start, so should i wait it out? im really not the best emotionally at the moment, but that could be connected to my crappy friend issues and me being depressed anyway.

i know this isnt too much of a serious issue butif anyone has any help with regards to this it would be helpful

thnx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

About a month after my gf went on the pill, she kinda went nutty. One night we had a small fight and i went for a walk in the rain, i came to find her in the driveway in her PJ's sitting on the ground crying. I had to physically carry her inside as she wouldnt get up.

Now it prob sounds like a headcase to everyone, but after that night she was completely normal.

Maybe you should give it time, and maybe you are getting stress from other areas of your life which may cause the headaches and depression?? Just a thought anyway.

Id give it a little while and go back to the docs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

first of all wait and see if things sort themselves out first before going back to the doc.
    in general it takes about 3 months for the pill to settle down and for your body to adapt to it etc. but you could find in a few months if things arent any better that that particular pill doesnt suit you, and you're doctor may put you on a different one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

general it takes about 3 months for the pill to settle down and for your body to adapt to it etc.

Agreed! You doctor should havr told you that on the start of taking the pill a simple phone call to him/her could ease your mind. Good Luck;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thankyou for your replies :)

yup i think im overreacting because everything seems to have settled down now. thankyou for putting my silly drama queen head at ease!

Advertisement