Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Hard Drive Goings on

• 21-03-2003 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

Heyas,

Yet again another HD inquiry :)

Well, I backed up my main disk, but silly me, moved not copied to a 6 gig Maxtor, when I installed windows 98 on the 40 gig all the data was there(on the 6gig).

Then When I managed to sort out my 40 gig and INstalled 2k, connected the backup with all my stuff on it and it read 0 used 0 bytes free.

Ive come to terms with the fact that the data is gone, but what the story with the HD is I have no idea, I managed to do a quick format in Windows and convert it to NTFS and I can put data on it np.

Any data recovery utility won't read it properly when I try to format it as Fat 32 it wont happen.

Anyway of reviving it or is it on its last legs?

Or better yet, is there a hope in hell I might see that data again without paying through the roof?

Samba

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

what data recovery program did you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Everyone under the sun

Easy Recovery seems to be the most effective one and comes close to actually reading it properly, then at the end of the scan, cannot recognise file system type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I have a little program at home that does what those expensive data recovery companies do (its actually one of theirs).
    we made it in work

If you want i can look at the drive for you.
    I be on IRC after 8pm

kdjac

Advertisement