Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atari Classics 10-in-1

Options
  • 21-03-2003 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

Read about this in a Firebox newsletter yesterday. Thought it was kind of cool. The Atari 2600 was my first console 5 million years ago, so I have fond memories of it.

Basically this 10-in-1 thing is a console (in the shape of those classic 2600 controllers!) that plugs straight into your TV, and gives you access to 10 atari 2600 games, exactly the way you remember them!

http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=482
    The Atari Classics 10-in-1 features 10 official and fully-licensed Atari games: Asteroids®, Adventure™, Missile Command®, Centipede®, Gravitar®, Yar’s Revenge®, Breakout®, Pong®, Circus Atari™ and Real Sports Volleyball™.
    I really like the look of it, but I'm not crazy about some of the games. Alot of my favourites are missing. If it had Pacman, Space Invaders, River Raid, Phoenix, Joust and Pitfall, I'd grab it in an instant. With the selection it has, though, I'm not too pushed. Wouldn't mind a quick lash at Centipede on a big screen, though! :)

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Only 10 games? That's a bit of a rip off, I'd consider buying it if I had 200+ otherwise why should I stop using my emulator on my PC? Still nice to see Atari are still alive and kicking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

All the roms for the Atari fit on 6 floppy discs so its a bit of a rip off.

Would buy it if it had every game but was a program rather thana TV thing.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Alot of the appeal for me is the actual controller itself, plus the thought of playing it on a big tv (instead of a computer monitor).

Playing the emulated games is cool, but its not quite the same, is it? :)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Can play in 2 player on Combat :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Originally posted by Thorbar
    Only 10 games? That's a bit of a rip off, I'd consider buying it if I had 200+ otherwise why should I stop using my emulator on my PC? Still nice to see Atari are still alive and kicking.

well they're on a short leash, infogrammes owns the name
    but that doesn't say much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

If you want to play some old classics on the Big Screen, and own a GameCube, do this...
    Get TimeSplitters 2, and find the three games cartridges in the game. Gives you access to Anaconda, Astro Lander and some other game I haven't found yet. 4-player Anaconda => MAYHEM!!

Epitaph

Advertisement