Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For all those who don't have rte,net2,tv3,tg4,bbc1

• 21-03-2003 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I still hadn't received rte1, net2, tv3, tg4 or bbc1 two weeks after I had subscribed so I called sky and the robot said it could be a faulty viewing card and so he gave me a telephone number where I could order a new one.

Anyway, I received it today and I have got all the channels - they activated in around 20 mins and are all still on!

So if anyone still hasn't received the above channels call the following number to get a new one:

00 44 870 243 50000

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Have they disabled your other card, the one that you got ITV2 and ITV regions etc. with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

yes, unfortunately - they disabled it on the night I ordered the new card. ITV2, ITV1, C4, etc no longer work in the 'Other Channels' section!

But at least I am receiving what I am paying for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

The way you used robot in that sentence describing the phone monkeys was brilliant!,
    i know they sit around talking on the blower every day at work, but i would be very interested in doing that job, i would know exactly what was going on at all times when people ring up asking questions, im sure many of us here on this forum would too.
    In fact im sure the bosses at the Sky Call centre wouldnt be happy about someone who is into Satellite and knows all the tips and tricks and the ways of getting round the system,
    thats probably why all those mouth pieces on the phone never know whats going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

In fairness to them - having worked in a call centre for several years now - I can tell you that it's not as easy as you describe a lot of the time...firstly, it can be a very stressful job (particularly when you're dealing with large call volumes, trying to meet targets and handling "difficult" or annoyed customers - justifibly or not) so I don't think its fair to blame the guys on the phones for ALL of the problems you may experience.

Remember that they're just trying to do a job too and that in some cases, as you mention yourself, they may indeed know "what's going on" BUT they are not allowed (for various reasons) to advise customers of this and attempting to "get around" this can result in serious action being taken (an example would be the reports here on this forum recently of the staff fired for getting friends cheap/free packages).

Naturally (as with everywhere else) you will get the odd "muppet", but its not fair to tar them all with the one brush either (and no I dont work for Sky myself). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Well, all i was really reflecting on was their lack of knowledge on subjects you approach them with that really they should know about.

You can get 5 different answers from 5 different calls while always asking the same question.

• Advertisement
Advertisement