Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raven Shield

Options
  • 21-03-2003 8:48pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I picked up RS today, very impressive,
    Graphics are superb as are all the different effects from various weapons.Best of all though is the way you order around your fire team.Planning first and setting up waypoints etc.Once in the mission if you want a team member to go [for example] the far side of a door way all you gotta do is point on the ground where you want him to stand and hit spacebar and off he goes.
    Im really pissed off though about incorrect CD key issue which all the RS forums are screaming about.There are so called fixes about but none work for me so far so i cant play online till its sorted out .What a **** up by Ubisoft.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I'm so pissed off, I've been looking forward to this game for like 2 years and I only find out a few weeks ago that it doesn't support my vid-card >(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Got it other day havent installed it yet but reading those forums pissed me off.

Similiar to EA and Spearhead a few weeks ago with the same issue.

Oh well got Black Hawk Down as well this week that looks good.
    Played a quick game online seems okish for a 1st game.
    kdjac

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got cd key issue sorted :)
    Problem was that after RVS there should be no I O S or Z in it if your cd key has an O it should be number 0instead.
    Its superb online except for inevitabls amount of noobs.
    Its not about reflexes but tactical awareness.
    When playing offline it seems a system hog when using full quota of AI backup.
    Kjac i thought BHD wasnt out here till next week you lucky sod.

Its always out early when you make them in work :D

kdjac

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Played RS this morining had it a while so kicking my self that i only got around to it today looks great, all the features of the orignals that i loved (esp the online play in the orignal). Online R6 was the only game to really get me heart going (and the only game i ever bothered to join a clan)

Hopeing to find time to play a campaign tonight...

Have BHD but havent got around to looking at it yet, never thought much of the other Delta Force games

• Advertisement

Well RS gets better the more i play it.The tension is incredible especially online.There are a few tweaks in your .ini file to improve framerate which worked a treat for me.
    Overall gfx and sound are 10/10 with only the plot in single player letting the game down.The weapons models are stunningly realistic especially at high res.

Iv been very impresed at how realistic the weapons are (the handling and the reload proedure) as well as the tactics from the AI, really adds to the realism...

Dont ya just love the way you order a team member to open a door and grenade inside with either a frag, flashbang or tear gas grenade.
    This game is eerily realistic.

iv handled and/or fired some of the weapons and they have obvously put time in to ressearching the balistics and behaviour of each of em. Pitty they didnt model stoppages/jams.

I reckon they may have tried out flashbangs as well before the coded them up.

I love breachinng the door and clearing room. Pitty they dont use the fluid door opeing to throw the grenades. Its cool the way the cover each other on ladders and cover 360 degrees when holding etc...

The therml scopes are cool they really help to pick out targets against dark/camo backround

Its incredibly realistic ,you can tell the AI to do anything ,the cuffing of the terrorists is so cool , the resulting effects of a flashbang or tear gas nade going of near you is amazing what a fantastic graphical affect.
    I had two mates [xbox heads] were over just now and they vowed to purchase a good PC after seeing it in action even though its coming to xbox,One of the guys is in the army and fired a few of the weapons and vows that the sounds and feel are spot on in the game.The other guy summed it all up by saying it is scarily realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Is it mainly all indoor stuff like the original Rainbox Six or are their outdoor levels like in Ghost Recon?

the orignal had a good mix of indoor and outdoor stuff..
    Anyway, the first level is an Oil Refinery which is mainly indoor and the 2nd is a Alpine village. Havent had time to play beyond that bu the further levels have promising names (Little Island being one of em...)

Still have no HD spcae to install it :(

Must delete some crap over the weekend.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Rew
    Pitty they didnt model stoppages/jams.
    I think thats a gameplay issue Rew, because when they had it in America's Army it was probably the most annoying thing you could ever think of, sneaking up behind someone about to empty a clip into the back of their head........... click click, all that sneaking gone to waste. Which could be a complete pest on-line, however if they made it a server setting and off by default it could be fun for the odd game.

Advertisement