Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recent files (disabling)

Options
  • 22-03-2003 4:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

A disk cleanup showed over 400 files, which were in the 'recent' folder on my c: drive. I have this partitioned for the OS only and don't like files being put on it as I had it defragged perfectly.
    (I know, I need to mingle)
    But does anyone know how to stop these annoying files being generated? I never even use the feature.

Thanking you!:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Not sure how to prevent them from getting there, but theres an application for 98, and a version for 2000/XP around, called 'Tweak UI'

This application has paranoia settings in it that will delete all of these files on a logout/shutdown.

Not exactly what youre looking for, but gives the same basic result.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Thanks Pimp Ninja,
    I've downloaded tweakUI, and found a setting called 'add new documents to Documents on start menu'. If this is unchecked, these .lnk files aren't generated at all.

Thanks again :)
    merlin_bar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Most welcome..

Share the wealth is my opinion ;)

Advertisement