Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robert Pires to strike over the war...?

• 22-03-2003 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Aparently the French contingent at Arsenal are being
    "lead" by Robert Pires in threatening a playing strike to support the French government position on the war against Saddam. :rolleyes:

http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1084658,00.html

Good news for the opposition then...

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yeah, I can really see that happening :rolleyes:

And I presume they'll have full backing of their manager and fellow countyman Wenger too?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

My hole he will, every fkn week he has something to moan about, I honestly (correct if I am wrong) know of a player who has a moan about something each week.

It was Uniteds so called dirty play one week, diving (i think) another week, this week it is the war.

Probably blame the war for them been dumped out of the CL and if they do not win the FA cup or league.

Pires - Get a haircut, shave and shut the fuk up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Pires says his words were taken out of context

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK I've had to delete several posts off this thread.

They had nothing to do with the subject.

One was a generalised racist comment about the French. User Jesus H Christ any more off topic or irrelevant posts from you and I will ban you.

PigmanII you were banned before, Dev decided to leave you on here. Do not encourage any more users like you did here today.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Jake303

Well done Pires, even if its just to highlight the issue its been success in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

One was a generalised racist comment about the French. User Jesus H Christ any more off topic or irrelevant posts from you and I will ban you.

Heh good thing I didn't see it :)

The media are always great at twisting words, eircom.net has the full story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by yop

Pires - Get a haircut, shave and shut the fuk up

Anybody think that the description above could also apply to David Beckham:p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Anybody think that the description above could also apply to David Beckham

Stop, don't start me!! The state of him, you'd feel like pinning him down and getting the razor out, but I suppose he might like that ;)
    I heard some figure of how much his haircuts are, cannot remember now but they were something like 700 a go or somthing daft like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Jaysus and that's Sterling too:D LOL

Have to say the hairdressers are ripping him off giving him haircuts like that for 700

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Big Chief
    Apparently David Beckham is black though

:rolleyes: !

What will they come up with next? Just reminds me how much I hate money spinning TV.

Originally posted by Big Chief
    Apparently David Beckham is black though

Mother of sweet devine! maybe himself and wacko jako can do face transplants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Jesus H Christ

Originally posted by gandalf
    OK I've had to delete several posts off this thread.

They had nothing to do with the subject.

PigmanII you were banned before, Dev decided to leave you on here. Do not encourage any more users like you did here today.

Gandalf.

Give me a break like, it was a joke. lighten up man. I'm totally against the war, and as far from a racist as can be. The irish drink guinness, the scots wear kilts, the scandinavians are blonde, the french surrender, it's a joooooooooooooke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
    the scots wear kilts

i am offended by that and i think you should be banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The real question is : Would anyone care?

Advertisement