Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best BF1942 moment?

Options
  • 22-03-2003 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Probably the best game ever made and its modness now without any source code is simply excellent.
    The developers are still supporting it (free maps and patches) .

Whats your fav moment?

Mine was taking out Vexar one of the games producers ,who is an awesome pilot.
    I took him out with a tank shot that i never meant ,was playing Salerno and was blindsided by an Allies tank as i was firing but the blast knocked me tank off balance and my tank fired into the air across the river just as Vexar was flying by.
    Completley ripped the plane apart twas many a LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO in chat from all that seen it cept him :D

//yes im extremley bored in work with 9 hours left :(

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

first time playink BF online with my ****ty 44K net speed.
    Lag was terrible.

Got my first [and I think only :eek:] tank kill on the blindside of a german tank

too many big patches out for me to keep d/l regulary

d/l 1.31 atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

That may be the last, they seem to have covered most bugs and complaints (cept damage balancing but modders should fix that)

So you good to go for a while.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

YAY! :D

so next month I can use NetSmart to play BF!

tank commander or gunner

used a lot o the hours d/l updates this month

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Getting 4 kills in 1 shot from my choppers's hellfire missiles in Parallelworld, I destroyed a Sherman and a jeep who where charging our base, very funny, however the jeep went real high and whacked my chopper, so my controls went ape and I crashed, funny never the less :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

For some reason i can always remember when i play Wake on DC with about 2 other fellas. Me and another guy were defending the island and the 1 US soilder was attacking it. He assaulted us in a Apache Chopper and distroyed us. He would blow up the planes befire we could get in the air so we spawned in differant parts of the island. He killed up both beofre we could take him down. I left soon after that as it was like 3am and lag began to set in. It was scarey to see an apache just rise up from behind a mountain or hill or osmefin and just begin to fire rockets at you.

Also, when i was at a lan in dNC and the BF multiplayer demo was there. long time ago. that was fun :) . I flew under a bridge and scared the crap outta a few guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

at a LAN

playing as Axis on Kharkov......5 v 5

okay it was a bit of a mad game of running for the flagging...running after the flag.....running from the artillary....running to the artillary...

but there wasnt much use for planes but to drop you on the flag...
    on defense Martin paradropped into the back of the base and made a rush for the flag, i was very busy fireing at enemy artillary positions and sudden heard that the flag was stolen, horrifed to find the other two defenders were worm food I turned my Panzer around to see Martin hop into a plane and start to take off...I frantically shot at the plane with my machine gun...Martins plane just leaving the ground and i get hit by a nearby artillary shell, my tank jolts in the explosion and accidently fire my main gun.....the shell arcs in the air and lands right on the planes cockpit blowing Martin out of the sky!

Another one has just came to mind, ah there are so many.

It was a desert map, Gazala i think but they all look alike to me. The krauts had nicked our B-17 and started to constantly carpet bomb our 'home' spawn, the only spawning spot we had left. Once you spawned everyone would just run for cover as you heard the bombs falling. Kraut snipers around the hill also would keep trying to hit you. It wasent too much fun. Took about 20min of that before we were able to break out. i jumped in a plane and after being hit a few times and having little or no health left in the plane landed it ontop of the axis hanger. I then got bombed by one of our own guys while sttempting to escape from some krauts in a stuka. People should look at there bloody map to see if it is the enemy in the damn planes. Fecking FF hoe's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Screaming at winters boat skills was fun a while back ,fun cos i knew him from here.
    I was trying everything to get him to get me to the Enemy Carrier with me Exp Packs.

kdjac

Originally posted by KdjaC
    I was trying everything to get him to get me to the Enemy Carrier with me Exp Packs.

Listen, i didnt realise it was a Jap carrier. I was sure it was one of ours, after all we did capture the flag. AND as a higgins boat pilot driver dude i usually land people on islands, i dont usually drive around the pacific trying to take down hugh aircraft carriers. Next time Kdja, we put lots of TNT into the higgins and drivr ourselves into the aircraft carrier and some sort of brave galliant death. Or we just do it your way which might be better. Must do it again.

I has fun last night on Baytown too as Engineer. Had a bridge filled with TNT and observed two Italians run across it. One of them turned back 1/2 way over after seeing the TNT but he was not going to escape me. Blew him into the side of the bridge and the other sky high. I do like doing that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Mine's in the single player cos it's too laggy 4 me online :(, so it doesn't really count.

Was playing Market Garden on hard, driving a jeep up to the main bridge. There was a Panzer IV coming accross with 2 in it, and two anti-tank soldiers running in front of hit. Pedal to the metal, the two anti-tank lads shoot high and the panzer wide, while the machine gunner is taking on a Mustang. Ran over one guy before jumping out of the jeep and letting it smash into the panzer, then fired my bazooka into the tracks of the panzer before whipping out the walther and shooting the second anti-tank soldier, and running behind the tank shooting the machine gunner. The panzer couldn't turn b4 I reloaded by bazooka and fired it into the back of it. I know the bots are ****, but it was a Ramboesque moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

My best moment was a few months ago. The server I joined was set-up to play just one level indefinately, and this just happened to be El Alamein playing CTF rules.

As a dedicated 'plane whore I was in heaven! A couple of hours later I was stuck on 255 kills for about 34 deaths, about 90% of these were kills in my trusty BF109. My kill score wouldn't go up any higher! I guess they must use a byte to store the player score.

It was fun. :) There's no freaking way anyone can cap a flag on that map if there's a good pilot covering it..

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Its limited to 255 because thats the highest number binery can go :)

Another great thing to do (especially on LAN against freinds) is fill a jeep with exp packs, but dont det them, then jump in and drive off (make sure not to hit a bump tho) and then if you see a tank, charge STRAIGHT for him, then just before you hit it, jump out and det your exp packs, HUGE bewm and leaves the tank driver confused as to how 1 jeep can kill a tiger, fluppin hillarious to do.

A fun wee thing we done at a LAN party once was put a tiger at the axis side of the big bridge on market garden, and have 2 guys doing demo jeep's and trying to cross the bridge and blow him up, the 1st guy to blow up the tiger got to go axis and then go in the tiger, the old tiger driver went into a jeep. Great fun if you only got 3 peeps, but the tank driver isnt allowed to use his machien gun tho, for balance reasons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Its limited to 255 because thats the highest number binery can go :)

No, as I said 255 is highest number that can be held in a byte.

A byte is made of 8 bits, each bit being either 1 or 0. Therefore a byte can hold 2^8 (256) different values, ie 0 to 255.

Teeth.

Advertisement