Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend games

• 22-03-2003 5:45pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So RVN is after scoring what is going to be one of goals of the season, he is still a greedy fkr but what a run and finish.
    Nice to be back at the top, possibly only for 24 hours, cannot believe that we were not on top for the last 12 months, but we are there so feck it.
    JOS was once again unreal, I know I keep ravin on about but fuc he is class.
    I am really hopefully for the Irish team with this lad involved, pity young Fletcher did not declare for Ireland.!! Duff on the left with JOS backin him up and Fletcher on the rght with Morrision and Keane up front, Healy in the middle...

I see Chelswee have made mince of the massive city. And West Ham are tripping along nicely

Newcastle still making progress

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep its all brewing up nicely, I would'nt bet on Arsenal tomorrow, not for a win anyway! Newcastle to stage shock title challange as Man Utd get distracted by CL...
    okay I can dream! :D

Oh yes Wolves 6 0 Gills Nice :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Is that Van Nistelroy's first solo goal for Utd?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by smuckers
    Is that Van Nistelroy's first solo goal for Utd?
    What about the second goal he scored in Basle?

Liverpool 3 1 Leeds.

Slightly surprised we won, you know how it usually goes when playing a team under new management.
    Did'nt see the game but it seems the Reds did it again -
    took the lead then retreated, conceeded a goal and gave Leeds some hope. Grrrrrr.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by mike65
    and gave Leeds some hope.
    Let's face it .... they'd need some.

And Liverpool couldn't be accused of being uncharatable. How else could you explain Vladimir Smicer and Jimmy Traore having contracts?

The final day of the season could be interesting if Chelsea v Liverpool is a decider as to who gets fourth place, and to who joins Everton in the UEFA cup.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

They did alright, right back in contention for the 4th place, the Merseyside derby will be good. It is down between Chelsea, pool and Everton for the 4th, but I think the toffs are losing steam

I can see Pool coming into form alright everyone is saying Owen has had a bad season 20 goals isn't too bad, saw the game good in some spells but quite ordinary in others, I hope for my sake it doesn't go to the final day of the season as my finger nails won't be left, my prediction: Franco Zola to shoot Chlesea into The CL.:)

Originally posted by smuckers
    I hope for my sake it doesn't go to the final day of the season as my finger nails won't be left, my prediction: Franco Zola to shoot Chelsea into The CL.:)

Nah, it'll be Smicer with a headed 93rd min goal! :D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by mike65
    Nah, it'll be Smicer with a headed 93rd min goal! :D
    Yeah, but in whose favour? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Duffer scored some scorcher on saturday. Class goal.

Im getting more aprehensive about Liverpool's chances all the time. Chelsea seem to be getting better all the time. Five goals against City. Methinks they won't slip up again and the last matrch against the Pool will be the decider - as long as we beat Utd and Everton

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

as long as we beat Utd and Everton

just as easy for yous to slip up in the other 4 matches. Where is the game against the toffs?

Ya that's what I meant to say - that the Pool will slip up quicker than Chelsea will. We're playing Everton in Goodison but that will hardly have a bearing seen ashow it's only down the road. It's the away matches against Utd and Chelsea that I'd be more worried about. Only three home games left this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

The pool are definitely gonna get the 4th place now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Looking a bit better for them alright, anyway, it seems that the final game will be the decider, I hope Liverpool will have it wrapped up by that stage but if not then that one will be the one that is showing on sky at 12:00 (if any)...

Goddamn jonny, that sig is a bit of a monster, is longer than your whole post...

I can't see it be that easy for the Pool. Don't get me wrong I want them to qualify as much as the next guy but with all our toughest games away from home we have to be a bit aprehensive.

Utd in Old Trafford - hopefully we can pull something big for that match. They will be fighting for the championship.

Everton in Goodison - it's practically home anyway but as we've seen Everton won't be lying down. They want the place too.

Chelsea in Stamford Bridge - tough draw and they too want the place. Hopefully they will have a draw or two before then and loosen the burden a bit.

On a side note - latest from KopTalk is that Berger and Smicer will leave for Munich 1860 at the end of the season - Berger on a Bosman free and Smicer for a fee. Not sure how true this is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

ok I'm biased but I can't see chelsea messing up seriously between now and may, the last game against the pool could well be the decider but I honestly can't see liverpool taking man u and i think the everton game could be a draw. means Chelsea take the last CL place and still beat liverpool on the last day of the season (for the fun of it) and knock the cheating gooner scum out of the cup 2moro.

Man city were embarassing to watch yesterday , but anelka could still be a great player given the opportunity / service.

Terrible but Fower was so inept.

Very confident about beating Arse tonight the Cudicini save is a sign its chels's cup.:)

Advertisement