Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-time work going in my kip. Boring job.

• 22-03-2003 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Our place are looking for part-timers. 6 hour shifts between 4pm-12am on weekdays and 8 or 6 hours shifts between 8am and 12am on weekends. It's a student job really.

It's a callcentre job. You answer calls. Each call lasts about 16 seconds, and it's not very difficult. It's not telemarketing or customer support. It's very boring, but if there are no calls to be answered, then you sit on your ass and surf the web or watch TV (when the SV has gone home of course) or study or whatever :), Which is why most people leave after about 4 months.

While you'll technically be an employee of Vodafone, you won't actually have anything to do with mobiles, but will still get all the fringe benefits that Vodafone like to shower on their employees periodically (actually just small, branded tokens really :))

Area: Donnybrook

Starting pay: €7.50p/h increasing to €8.30 after 6 months.

No skills required. As long as you have moderately comprehensible English and can type reasonably fast (> 20 words p/m) but they'll hire you even if you can't :)

PM me for any more details or to give me a CV or whatever

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

*bump*

Loads of jobs going at this point :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'd apply if i was in the dublin area - but I'm not. I've applied for a basic call centre job at Bank of Ireland's Banking365 call centre here in Kilkenny, but have received no response so far. Bleh...

I have teh minimum wage skillz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Are there a minimum/maximum amount of hours per week?
    Is it brutally boring?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

I work there too. Its not too bad. Great for students if you want to study in work. After 9pm its perfect for studying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I think Ill try this out for after the LC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

where in Donnybrook is it? what bus routes is it near? hmm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by seamus
    *bump*

Loads of jobs going at this point :)

Any fulltime jobs going? My mate is desperately looking for a job!

where in Donnybrook is it? what bus routes is it near? hmm?
    Across the road from Old Wesley RFC, so it's beside all of the biggest routes in Dublin, 46x, 10, 746, etc etc
    Originally posted by eth0_
    Any fulltime jobs going? My mate is desperately looking for a job!
    He can send in his CV saying he's looking for full time work. They like to give people full time hours, but put them down as a part-time employee. It makes them cheaper to employ, and gives you liability after normal working hours.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by seamus
    Across the road from Old Wesley RFC, so it's beside all of the biggest routes in Dublin, 46x, 10, 746, etc etc

Couldnt be more convient....well maybe...

But its only 2 stops after the one I get everyday anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭sanfran

where should i send my CV??? can u do weekends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

are they still looking for people for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

While you'll technically be an employee of Vodafone, you won't actually have anything to do with mobiles, but will still get all the fringe benefits that Vodafone like to shower on their employees periodically (actually just small, branded tokens really

Are you actually an employee of Vodafone, or do you work for a recruitment company such as Rigney Dolphin. Also, what queries do you actually deal with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

not interested in the job but i work in a callcenter [selling stuff to dumb americans, what a crap job] what do you do, as it only takes 16secs a call ? or did you just mean the call are very short?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Yeah, what do u do in 16secs, just transfer custs to diffferent departments or something.
    Or just say hello andd goodbye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

directory enquiries perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Are they still looking for people?

Ugh. Dragging up old posts......

Right let's deal with one thing at a time.
    Are you actually an employee of Vodafone, or do you work for a recruitment company such as Rigney Dolphin. Also, what queries do you actually deal with?
    Yes, officially I'm a Vodafone employee. Our company was aquired in the buyout of eircell, but is really just a hanger-on that Vodafone probably don't want. We don't deal with any queries really, just answer the call, take a message, drop the call. Most people (just like you :)) in Mountainview have never heard of us. But I still get to use a free gym, and all the other things I have coming to me as a Vodafone employee ;)
    not interested in the job but i work in a callcenter [selling stuff to dumb americans, what a crap job] what do you do, as it only takes 16secs a call ? or did you just mean the call are very short?
    Yah calls are very short. It's extremely rare for a call to go over 45 seconds. As I said, answer the call, take a message, drop the call. :)
    Are they still looking for people?
    *shrug*. I posted this 5 months ago. Anyway, all recruiting has been handed over to Rigney Dolphin, so we can't take in CVs directly anymore. :)

Advertisement