Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Goldberg

• 22-03-2003 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I just read on 1wrestling.com that the may issue of RAW magazine has goldberg on the front with the caption "Who's Next". This is proof that Goldberg has signed with WWE.
    What are the bets that they will fluff it like the debut of the NWO or Steiner or the return of Stone Cold or Kanyon!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

from the same site

"To follow up on yesterday's story on Bill Goldberg and WWE, here is what I can tell you in follow up. I was sent a scan of what appears to be a copy of the May Issue of WWE magazine yesterday with Goldberg on the cover. It's a digital camera picture of what appears to be the magazine cover laid on the floor, so it's not just a graphic of the cover. I have been asked if it's possible that the cover was a doctored image. As I said yesterday, no one in WWE will confirm that the cover exists, naturally. That doesn't tell me if it's real or not because it's not like everyone in the company would be privy to what is in the new magazines. If it's a doctored image, someone went to a lot of work to do it, and they did a great job on it.

But what is more important is that after I got said cover in the mail, I made a number of phone calls to people in WWE and others close to Goldberg and the consensus that I received was that Goldberg signed with the company about two weeks ago and will debut for WWE either at WrestleMania or the TV afterward. The early word is that he will end up on Raw, which would easily set up two feuds with Steve Austin and HHH."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

this too seems to confirm it and its a different site

"It looks as though Goldberg is officially a WWE superstar. Even though others are using a silly magazine cover as confirmation on something as big as Goldberg signing with WWE, a deal does seem to be reached. Many claim that Goldberg has already signed with WWE and will be debuting at WrestleMania or on television the week following. So far, it's looking as if Goldberg will land on the RAW side which would leave open programs with Steve Austin and Triple H right off the bat."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

while goldberg appearing unanounced at mania would be a nice suprise, it is not very ;likely - wwe need to spice up mania and wwe in the states as they are doing so badly there - if he was signed, there would be no doubt that he would be heavily advertised and on tv immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Prundic

Goldberg is rubbish.He is an egotistical twat.He can't wrestle and has a very high opinion of himself for whatever reason.He stated he would never wrestle for Vinnie Mac but as soon as the big bucks were waved in front of him he grabbed them.Even then he was making demands for higher wages and to work less dates than other superstars.The ratings will probably shoot up when he arrives but this will not solve the WWE's problems.I cannot understand why the WWE won't build up their mass of young talent but instead go for a one-hit wonder wrestler if you catch my drift.:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Uhmmmm is Austin not on his way to SmackDown after WM....thats the feeling I got.

GoldBerg is crap...a WCW Austin Clone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭P3nfold

Goldberg was the only person i have ever seen lift the big show vertically and drop him with a jackhammer.

Although Stone cold is a great entertainer, he is a brawler and not a wrestler. Goldberg used brute strength and was undefeated for one of the longest streaks of all time in WCW.

Although seeing Goldberg sign for WWE would be a nice spice. At the moment i think there is already way to many main event card wrestlers to actually keep them all on a top card level. With two belts to fight for, chances are that alot of main event class wrestlers will drop in level and probably end up being tag class wreslters and eventually drop contracts. I've seen it happen before and it will happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Goldberg was the only person i have ever seen lift the big show vertically and drop him with a jackhammer

The way Brock, man handled the big show im sure he could do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Goldberg is a good thing and a bad thing for the WWE

Firstly it is a good thing, as even back when Brock debuted, a lot of the live audience were chanting for Goldberg.

Secondly he would be part of main event headlines that people have always wanted to see - Austin vs Goldberg has always been a dream match - even before WWE bought WCW

However, Goldberg is frankly an unpoular wrestler amongst certain WWE wrestlers - cough HHH cough cough

Yes Goldberg made a prat of himself by calling out HHH, and HHH quite frankly made himself look quite stylish by refusing to exchange with Goldberg

However any idea of a HHH/Goldberg match are unlikely simply because HHH is so far in the pocket of the McMahon's he is unlike to job, let alone compete against Goldberg.

And to my other point, Goldberg is bad for WWE because in the long run he will do nothing for WWE. WWE have always had countless talent in their ranks - both on the current roster but also in their development territories. But with certain people on a certain brand - cough RAW cough HHH cough cough - making a superstar is a difficult thing. I mean how many times in the past year alone have we seen HHH squash popular wrestlers - Jericho, dont get me started on how this guy is wasted, RVD, Kane, Jeff Hardy. Believe me the list is getting longer and longer, as long as HHH is either a) part of the creative team b) has that gold around his waist

But I digress, back to GOldberg, so you see the points aer good and bad, but frankly the bad out-weigh the good by miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by P3nfold
    Goldberg was the only person i have ever seen lift the big show vertically and drop him with a jackhammer.

show didnt weigh nearly as much as he does now back then.......early in his wcw career he looked weedy he was so skinny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

The way Brock, man handled the big show im sure he could do the same.

The Big Show has lost a lot of weight since coming to the WWE for insurance reasons at the moment hes about 350lbs they kept up the 500lbs thing for the gimick but its not true.

But Goldberg is a retired football player for the Atlanta Falcons not a wrestler, the only reason he was so sucessful was because WCW was based in Atlanta were he was the home town hero so they made him the champ like Robert Arqute just a famous person to get some publicity for WCW as the were losing the raitings war with the WWE nether one of the had much skill or many skilled moves just basic ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Goldberg didn't appear at Wrestlemania but there was a promo (which was played twice) saying he will be at Backlash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by de5p0i1er
    The Big Show has lost a lot of weight since coming to the WWE for insurance reasons at the moment hes about 350lbs they kept up the 500lbs thing for the gimick but its not true.

Big Show has put on weight since coming to WWE. Just look at him in WCW- he was much lighter. What show have you been watching?
    There is no way he down to 350 now. Are you thick or wha? He's about 450lbs at the moment.
    Insurance reasons? Who the hell told you that? Don't believe every internet rumour site you read!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Insurance reasons? Who the hell told you that? Don't believe every internet rumour site you read!

Thats what I read of several sites mabye I'm wrong about the exact weight but I know he was kept out of the WWE for several months back in 2000 until he lost weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by de5p0i1er
    Thats what I read of several sites mabye I'm wrong about the exact weight but I know he was kept out of the WWE for several months back in 2000 until he lost weight.

Yokozuna was still wrestling at over 500lbs, so it wasn't for insurance reasons: Big Show was just too fat and slow and unmotivated.
    They did send him to OVW to lose weight, but when he came back he hadn't actually lost any- they just said he did on TV, but was as fat as ever.
    I'm sure WWE would have better insurance coverage than OVW anyway, so by your logic, OVW would have had insurance problems too. And what kind of insurance reasons could there have been anyway? Its not as if the wrestlers are covered for personal injury. I can't imagine a wrestler getting personal injury compensation if another wrestler fell on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

No one seems to have mentioned that Goldberg has now offically joined WWE www.wwe.com as per his appearance and Spear on the Rock on Raw.

Can't Wait to see him and Brock go at it :)

Advertisement