Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature Picture Hosting?

• 22-03-2003 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Ok while I leave the custom avatar revolution to beaver away I just wanted to ask is it possible to get a picture hosted on this site to put in my signature? I notice quite a few people have one at members.boards.ie and I was just wondering what do I have to do to get a hosted pic? I can perform any bizare favours you might ask of me.
    Post edited by Shield on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Did you try actually going to http://members.boards.ie and just signing up? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Well I clicked the members button on the top of the page presuming that was the same thing. I guess the pie is firmly in my face.

Wibble. Fear my paintshop pro skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Your signature exceeds the limits set by the sig rules.
    For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

(hah)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

bah...u got there ahead of me :D

Nobble. Hey aren't you all a bit over eager to smack me down these days? I sense a conspiracy after I set the wheels in motion over the whole custom avatar thingy. Look, you can't stop it happening, the people have spoken out and they want their custom avatars now please. Anyways back on track, in my defence yet again it doesn't say in the signature box that theres a limit of any type which you should probably put in to stop respectable members of the community such as myself from getting thwacked with yet more pie.

Well grand if it linked to there from the signature box but lets face facts here people it doesn't. I'm not about to go trawling around the pages here looking for some signature rules thread that no one told me about in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Stop whining! :)

As for the custom avatars thing, nothing makes a forum uglier. Just look at, say, the somethingawful forums, or any of the nerdy pc modding forums. Spammy.

look, we not trying to gang up on you, but

standard "newbies" tend to head straight for the newbie faq. see the sticky on Sig Rules ?

anyway, the day that they allow custom avatars is the day that i turn em off.

NO to Custom Avatars ! rar

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm rewriting the "welcome" mail you get to include a few of the more common rules.

Forget custom avatars for the public, its never going to happen.

Please resize that sig.

DeV.

The sig has been resized as is evident in its new found dinkeyness but it still retains the post modern coolness of the old full size edition.
    As for reading the newbie faq board now I'll admit that would probably have been a good idea but since I came in through the rather large back entrance that is the Ireland Offline forum I was already deep into several posts before I even noticed any other forums. Now that my general radius of influence is starting to spread I may consider reading the newbie board.
    Here's a little trick I thought up just now that I'm only going to share with you guys, how about adding the avatar that I want to the list on this site thus making it a standard avatar and not a custom one? I think this method will save us from the boys upstairs in their ivory forum office towers. Genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah gwan and show us the avatar.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

post the avatar and we'll consider it but I wouldnt be counting on anything!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

not countin on anything but hey, its worth a shot :P

if possible DeVore
    can i have this : avatar.gif as my avatar and if thats to big, how about this one?tinyavatar.gif (its ikkle :P) and also (still hopeful) if you could change my name to Truckle

cheers if ye do or ye don't.tinyavatar.gif

sloth.gif

Bend it, break it anyway you want to, as long as you use it it's all right.

Look how cool it looks on my own board:
    http://www.theguildhall.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34809
    Go on, you know you want to.

Oooh animated avatars, now that is a good idea!

/me barfs

/me doesn't give a rat's arse what you think, I only worship DeVore.

Anyways even if you don't like it animated pick the frame where the eyes are really large, makes him look more demented.

There's not a chance in hell that anyone will ever manage to successfully get an animated avatar added to the list :) Animated sigs were banned, cos they're annoying. Avatars would be doubly so......

That pic will also need to be at least 1/3 of it's current size before it's made an avatar....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Since we are all chancing our arm, I may as well try too....

The_Bullman%20Avatar.gif

It is a 32x32 pixel gif.

I hope it works out

Well it doesn't flash or leap around the place like most custom avatars and it wouldn't affect the layout of threads etc size-wise because theres plenty of room for it to fit in in those massive side bars where the names are. Just look at my forum for how incredibly impressive it looks when its actually used. I sense a touch of jealously creeping into seamus' voice.

Originally posted by Sloth
    Well it doesn't flash or leap around the place like most custom avatars and it wouldn't affect the layout of threads etc size-wise because theres plenty of room for it to fit in in those massive side bars where the names are. Just look at my forum for how incredibly impressive it looks when its actually used. I sense a touch of jealously creeping into seamus' voice.
    Sloth you are taking the piss aren't you?

I looked at your forum and my eyes cried tears of blood and grey matter. I have never seen such an ugly looking thread than the one you linked to. People's signatures can be 90% of the whole post and there is an icon that can put anyone into an epileptic fit. If I was to browse there I would certainly come out half knackered and half demented which is probably what you are! :p

Anyway put me on ignore if you don't give a rats arse. mmmk?

Oh DeV my holy worshippedness, can you please make my icon this
    and change my signature to this
    rahzel.gif

Thanks by the way. I know you will do it because it looks so impressive and professional. You know it mocks sense etc etc

Well as is evident there the entire board community does not have to reflect on me. Clearly everyone else there is a nutcase but I am quite possibly the sanest person yet to browse those/these boards.
    I think all custom avatars and signatures should have to go in front of a judging panel which would weed out crappy avatars and sigs like those two and allow for brilliance such as my own to get through unfettered.

animated gifs make baby jesus cry

seriously thoug, ach its horrible, HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I in no way want those yokes on this site nor do I want them in my signature/avatar. I think your using the two examples below as some sort of scapegoat for why the avatar revolution shouldn't happen and as such I am appalled by your lack of vision as to how wonderful my own avatar will be.

will it be as l33t as this?
    redeemerwhore.gif

This is a very serious and important issue. Many have died fighting for the custom avatar cause and you shall not belittle their sacrifice in this way. You can hold out as long as you want but mark my words, the day is coming where good honest men like myself are free to live in a world where custom avatars exist for all and not just the super rich.

welcome to the iraq of bulletin boards my friend :P

its not going to happen.

imho, the only people who should get reasonable unmoving custom avatars are people who buy the supporters pack which is coming probably

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

what about people who don't want a custom avatar, just want another to add to the selection?

cwmjitter.gif