Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature Picture Hosting?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

busine12_prv.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

a1.gif

clearly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Tell me where I can get this supporters pack and I'll gladly do it. Anything it takes to win my cause and lord it up over those who don't have custom avatars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Sloth, will you give it a rest about this 'cause' of yours..

AFAIK, the main reason why boards are boards is to communicate/debate/inform/etc., to/with people.

Will a custom avatar really make much of a difference?

Anyway, half of boards.ie have disabled avatars so they won't get to see your 'twirly jumping eye ball popping lsd tripping backflipping summersaulting monkey/smiley/whatever'...

Ok ok, from now on I shall refer to the cause simply as the empowerment directive.
    Since most people have avatars etc disabled then they shouldn't give a proverbial avatarial monkies if I'm allowed to have my own custom avatar. I don't doubt that the main purpose of these boards is to communicate/debate/have custom avatars/inform/etc., to/with people but thats exactly what I'm doing. For the first time in years thanks to the empowerment directive the boat has been severly rocked. Many people are starting to wake up and smell the coffee and realise what they've been without for so long. The time for change is at hand my minions!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Man, you really need to get out more.

That's all i'm saying on this thread/waste of time, whatever you want to call it.

I prefer the former and would prefer as well if you stuck the word revolutionary before it.
    Now that ManWithThePlan has left the debate we can go back to badmouthing him followed by more tactical ideas on how to implement the empowerment directive. I for one would like to put forward the proposal that in future all administration be turned over to my control thus allowing more freedom in the boards. As you can see boards.ie is slowly being taken over from the ground up. Just be sure your on the right side when the directive is implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Feck sake, I wish my work firewall didn't block IRC, I'd go and get logic to come heckle this muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sloth, you are Bubbles aren't you?!

theres a region for you at NationStates

i think its the ShutTheHellUp region

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

deargodmakeitstop.jpg

swingstfu.jpg

newbie.jpg

A picture says a thousand words.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Yes. Boards is great in many ways, but the one thing it lacks is that most of its pages don't twitch like a junkie in need of a fix. Custom avatars are the only way!

Wow, the gloves have really come off and the claws are out! That's what I like to see, now that the friendly introduction stage is out of the way we can get down to the serious business of figuring out where to proceed from here. Now as my idol DeVore said a picture speaks a thousand words and I thank him very dearly for posting up the custom avatars he plans to use but tbh DeVore you know what the admins around here are like and as much as I'm glad to see you fighting for the empowerment directive laying down your life in such a way will help no one. Fight the cause DeVore but it's not worth dying for just yet.
    I think some people think (I'm looking firmly into the deep vicious eyes of my nemesis Talliesin here) that I want animated avatars which is simply not true, all I ask is that you respect my convictions and give my group the means to which they can express themselves.
    Now as for Gone Shootin, Gordon and Thorbar well all I can say is shame on you, shame on you all. I know that we've not exactly met eye to eye but theres no need for such vicious slander. You might be quite happy to stay up in your ivory towers but the future is coming and you can't oppress the people forever.
    I'm going to start canvasing the area soon for the election and communicate/debate/inform/etc., to/with people. Posters have already been put up and flyers are being handed out to any and all who will take them. Since I know I have DeVore's backing in this matter I now have the foot hold into administraton that I so desperately needed and for that I am eternally greatful to him. My dear brother in arms, we must be strong in the face of such overwhelming opposition, mark my words DeVore, we will be victorious!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Sloth
    Wow, the gloves have really come off and the claws are out! That's what I like to see, now that the friendly introduction stage is out of the way we can get down to the serious business of figuring out where to proceed from here. Now as my idol DeVore said a picture speaks a thousand words and I thank him very dearly for posting up the custom avatars he plans to use but tbh DeVore you know what the admins around here are like and as much as I'm glad to see you fighting for the empowerment directive laying down your life in such a way will help no one. Fight the cause DeVore but it's not worth dying for just yet.
    Is that you Bubbles? (If it isn't, kindly check the number of stars next to Devore's name)

As I said before I must thank DeVore for letting me get my footing into administration clearly indicating that I know that DeVore is an admin and that he his also my idol and rolemodel. Without him the empowerment directive wouldn't have gotten off the ground and changed so many people's perceptions of life. I was simply referring the other admins, those who have not been properly educated in our ways but as you know my dear Victor our ways are the ways of justice and equality and we shall never ever faulter. If your ever in doubt about the directive Victor just remember that you will be my right hand man on the throne of administration.

You tell 'em Sloth! I'm right behind you...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by Sloth
    I was simply referring the other admins, those who have not been properly educated in our ways but as you know my dear Victor our ways are the ways of justice and equality and we shall never ever faulter.

Equality me bollix. I'll educate you if you're not careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

you can't oppress the people forever.

what people exactly? who is being oppressed?

or do you have multiple personalities? is it more of a royal we?

Long have we fought my dear Truckle but perhaps we are approaching the time where we can lay down our arms and live under the unified banner of slothism. As you can see from the example of ecksor now that the admins (except the holy one, DeVore) are starting to lose their titan's grip on the people they are forced to try a hammer blow in the form of a weakly veiled threat. I shall not stand for this but shall take solace from the fact that Gordon joining the empowerment forces is a strong blow to the regime that has stood on this site for too long. Estimations from the sloth spy network indicate that the battle for empowerment will be over in time for Christmas. Join with me my comrades!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

demon.jpg

brain2.gif

One for the Cloud Boards user like me...and the other for the ordinary folk ;)

• Advertisement

Welcome to the empowerment directive association Praetorian. As you can see oh cruel admins (not including the god like DeVore) support rises daily and there is no stick that can be placed in the proverbial wheels of democracy to stop us. Soon domination will be in the hands of those who deserve it. My time will soon be at hand for ascension.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

funny.jpg

DeV.

Ohh the world renouned wit of my idol reveals itself to the masses. How can these vicious admin types ever oppose me when I have DeVore on my side? In my mind the war is already won but we must fight on my friends for the good of all.

cwmjitter.gif

Actually you remind me of an old friend of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Geez, talk about dragging the joke out... let the poor thing die!

funny.gif

DeV.

hankidiot.JPG

worstIdeaever.jpgworstPostever.jpg

All good things must come to an end I guess but I can leave this thread safe in the knowledge that I have changed peoples' lives in a meaningful way. It's been hard to stomach all the abuse but when you have a cause thats worth fighting for that's exactly what you must do. Some day things will be different but I feel that now I must take the fight underground to the masses instead of posting in this ivory tower. Now this thread must face the punishment for it's righteousness and be brought before the execution squad of bloodthirsty admins and be shot. Fight on my friends!

davis-02-boer-commando.jpg

setmypeoplefree.jpg

the "f1ght teh p0wa" muppet was late this month... odd...

DeV.

• Advertisement

The bloody war is over and despite the fact that many have been slain DeVore continues to make these wildly hurtful posts in my direction. We might fight for different truths but truth be told your words hurt DeVore, more than you'll ever truely know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement