Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topic Review (Newest First)

Options
  • 23-03-2003 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

maybe it ain't possible, but there's only one way to find out.

when replying to a post, the Topic Review at the bottom of the page only shows the posts present when you went to reply. is there any way that when you go to preview post or just refresh the page that, when the page reloads, the topic review shows any new post submitted while you were replying???

tony jimmy
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I have an unbearable hangover right now but that makes absolutely no sense to me! I feel my brain is trying to go through a maze that has no "out", the "out" has been sealed shut.

Unless you want to refresh page on reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

No I think he means that you know the way sometimes people sneak in with a reply when your writing up your own one thus invalidating your own reply only since the reply page doesn't refresh you can't tell whether someone has done this until after you reply.
    Fear my clarity explanation skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah the sneaky ones! Does it not work that you copy the text onto clipboard and refresh the page?

It only happens the odd time though and as soon as you forget to copy it onto a clip board is the day those sneaky buggers sneak in and get you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

exactomundo guys!

there's another idea now. how about a button to copy the post you've just written onto the clipboard. i know i've seen a few posts where ppl have said they had their reply written, then the timeout kicked in and they pretty much had to type it all up again which is really, really annoying.

would be handy... yesh/no?

• Advertisement

Yesh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Javascript having access to the clipboard is considered a security flaw in most cases. Do you know of a site that has this implemented?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

erm.. ya. that would probably be a good reason not to have it then! :)

i don't know of any sites that copy to the clipboard but, damnit now i feel compelled to look!! :mad:
    i know there's sites like this that gives you a button to select all of the text in the box, then you just copy it yourself. it'd be just as handy i guess, and it'd help remind ppl to copy the damn post so they wont lose it!

(god i'm a lazy git)

:D

Advertisement