Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is It Nirvana?

Options
  • 23-03-2003 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

i was at a friends house today and he played me a song that he downloaded this morning. its filename is Nirvana - Enter Sandman. the lyrics go like "sucky doggys dick, licky mooses ass, suck my doverman pinchers balls" and so on. so is it one of those rare Nirvana recordings or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

"Nirvana - Enter Sandman (Metalica Cover)" [2:41 min or 0:28 min. I believe this is a 'song' by Wesley Willis.]

Suprise, suprise - its a fake !

there's quite a few nirvana fakes around

but if you ever seen Opinion(heavy version), download that...its a cover by a band called Slow Driver Down i think and is always mislabelled as nirvana. great cover tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

whoever did it, it has really catchy music

i'll keep an eye out for Opinion

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

A common problem is the mislabelling of stuff on P2P networks. It appears Weird Al has been credited with every song of a humorous bent or any lighthearted cover out there and there's masses of stuff wrongly ascribed to the Aphex Twin.

Sometimes this is deliberate (I believe that when a forthcoming U2(?) album was "pre-released" on Napster or something, the record company released a load of dud files to dilute the propogation) or as an experiment (The Evolution Control Committee's "Rocked By Rape" was labled as ACDC, Beck and Sonic Youth to aid propogation).

In short, most of the hardcore fansites for band X will be fully aware of what is or isn't genuine.

Advertisement