Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sirus reception???

• 23-03-2003 4:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

i will be buying a new sat dish soon and i would like to know what size would i need to get sirus in the west.i am guessing a 1.8m should do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

I have a friend in Dublin with 1.5m and 0.3db lnb with no prob pulling in sirus.If your west and going 1.8 Im sure it will work. Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr.M

cheers m8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sometimes a 0.6dB LNB is better than a 0.3dB

I can get some channels on Thor/Sirus with 1m and 0.9db LNB. (Limerick)

With a 1.8M dish even a 1dB LNB probabily work.

What could you expect to receive not more easy on Hotbird or Astra?

Or do you want specifically scandinavian Languages?It mostly encrypted. D2MAC almost gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by watty
    Sometimes a 0.6dB LNB is better than a 0.3dB

Whos to say that a 0.3db LNb is not really a 0.7db version and vice versa.

You will pay quite heavily for a "performance" LNb but personally i think most people are píssing their money away.
    Most people wont need a dish bigger than 80cm's and should they need extra signal then imo, going for a bigger dish such as either a 90cm or 1M dish will cost about the same and offer much more signal in return.

Sirius tends to be extremely weak during the night especially the vertically polarised stuff as like 2D, it is very tight to a specific region.

I find it impossible to get anything after 9pm and using a 1.1 dish.

Advertisement