Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUAKELORDS '98

Options
  • 11-04-1998 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

theres a few things will will suck in the set-up for this years comp!! no offence to MP, cos ther are good factors too
    BAD:
    All players from each County will play each other in a one on one competition
    ... that means wither Ser of Predetor are going throught from galway!! and BC is going through from Waterford!! pkus there is no one i can beat IN GALWAY!!!

GOOD:
    All Quake I games will be quakeworld and will be held on the quake.ie servers
    If possible, players will play several matches
    over a weekend.
    THANK FU(K for pushlatency and weekend pings :)

the rest for now seems grand but i think the couty thing sucks majorly :(
    no diss to MP or the others but thats just what i think!!

oppiniopn / mails / stuff please!
    SeP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Rhob

: theres a few things will will suck in the set-up for this years comp!! no offence to MP, cos ther are good factors too
    : BAD:
    : All players from each County will play each other in a one on one competition
    : ... that means wither Ser of Predetor are going throught from galway!! and BC is going through from Waterford!! pkus there is no one i can beat IN GALWAY!!!

Have to agree that the county thing is a bit dodgy. Why not seed a few players and pick random groups? I mean you dont want a crap player like X from Donegal gettin through and a good player like Dest going out cos he lives in the same county as me :)

: GOOD:
    : All Quake I games will be quakeworld and will be held on the quake.ie servers
    : If possible, players will play several matches
    : over a weekend.
    : THANK FU(K for pushlatency and weekend pings :)

:
    : the rest for now seems grand but i think the couty thing sucks majorly :(
    : no diss to MP or the others but thats just what i think!!

: oppiniopn / mails / stuff please!
    : SeP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

: Have to agree that the county thing is a bit dodgy. Why not seed a few players and pick random groups? I mean you dont want a crap player like X from Donegal gettin through and a good player like Dest going out cos he lives in the same county as me :)

Random groups would be better, but groups based on knowledge of the players ability would be better!
    eg, putting Predetor, Ser, Slannesh M|P,BC, etc into group A , and putting newbier players into another group! eg DK / SeP / cant think!!

anyway......
    SeP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I wonder if enough ppl post on this topic will MP change the rules and use a different system for the first round of the comp this year ?
    I for one would like to see a system where there is a seeded player in each group and the rest of the group would be picked at random from all around the country. BTW leave the LPB's in there own cage again, thats a good rule :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: I wonder if enough ppl post on this topic will MP change the rules and use a different system for the first round of the comp this year ?
    : I for one would like to see a system where there is a seeded player in each group and the rest of the group would be picked at random from all around the country. BTW leave the LPB's in there own cage again, thats a good rule :)

No matter what system used, some good players will unfairly not get through. Muppets will take their places.
    Look at Bunny in the last competition.

Advertisement