Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dersert Combat, more fun then vanilla BF?

Options
  • 23-03-2003 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Well, starting to think it is and its still in early stages. Your thoughts on the matter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

DC is excellent but still in Alpha which is a good thing.
    I still prefer to play the standard BF but some of the maps are getting old and each time i play they follow the same pattern.

DC needs its own maps until then it will be 2nd place for me.
    When it gets them i think it will be far better.

www.bf1942.com has a DC mod for Aberdeen cant wait to play that ,imma tank man yah see

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Id have to disagree with your here kd....

DC is not about the mps... it about the whole weapons and such like.

Some close encounter maps are just like black hawk down tbh. or Iraq. i should really send some screen shots to cnn...

And i disagree with you :)
    The maps that DC runs on are made with weapons and vehicles of a different generation, Gazala isnt meant to have F16s.
    Most of the DC weapons and vehicles fit into BF maps by luck im sure all maps were tried and only few maps were good enough to use DC stuff.
    And it is called Desert Combat so when they make maps to base their lovely goodies around ie longer maps with large flying sky boxes with more modern textures and buildings.
    Its just luck that DC fits into BF so well as the authors werent going to release it until they had their own maps and entire campaigns all worked out but in testing the planes and weapons it showed it was a good mod.

Me awaits this friday with eagerness ;)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

I agree to some extent, some of the maps just don't work too well with the DC stuff, i think bigger maps would suit better in some cases. Saying that, i think the great thing about online games is that they're always different, maps play a role but not as big of role as the players do.

Is DC an Alpha? Or is that just part of the name? They refeer to the new patch as beta on the site. Great things are to come for DC, the avi of the new patch looks excellent and being in such early stages things can only get better i hope :)

Mind i said the same thing about DOD, and they wrecked that :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

The maps arnt made for F16s and the loike and thats the problem. Once DC get there own maps the game will get even better. Battleaxe i find is great to play on, its so close and havin air support isint a bonus so its down to hand to hand fighting and a few Abrahams :) .

I have seen a shot of work on a DC custom map and i have to say it was green. The grass was all green which i found strange as the period and conflicts its baised around were all in desert situations. I dont care too much really. Cant wait for 0.3, AC 130 gunship, Black Hawk's, Hinds and the like. Ah yes, DC and EOD will be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

DC is getting a new set of maps in the next version, hopefully we wont have long to wait for that, hopefully it will improve my FPS aswell, as with bots in my FPS is horrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi All,

I've tried DC now several times and to be honest: I don't like it!

I think the mod is far away from beeing balanced.
    The fighter planes are unbeatable.

Most of the times when I was running around I get killed from a plane that I never saw.

When I fly a plane it is sooooo easy to shot down an Apache or kill people on the ground. The Anti-aircraft guns have no chance to shoot a plane down and so on.
    You can kill soldiers who are in a bunker even with shooting MG from a MIG through the wall. ;-)

Most of the tanks can take one shot and then they are blown up.
    Planes kill tanks before they even can see them.

I wait until the modders have balanced the game a little more and I will try again.

But: The apache is sooooo much fun to fly ;-)))

jow

They need source to make a homing /heat seeker missile.

Shame that, there is one in paralell worlds but it doesnt work right until thats fixed planes will rule .

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Im not too sure how the missiles are gonna work on DC. From what i saw and heard about the AC130, its gonna have a system like the aimer thing you get when a scout calls for artilary(Sp?). Hopefully it will work (somehow) on the laser guided/heat guided system so mom-bom-bing can be nice a accurate. Like the video :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement