Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 17"TFT €334..?

• 23-03-2003 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

ye, i had to go searching too.
    just enter and goto displays, then click 17'' LCD on the left side bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Does anyone know if this is a serious error?

I did a search on the net and found that only a few other sites were selling it, but for closer to €800. Couldn't find any reviews for this model either. Wouldn't be too keen on placing the order without knowing how it handles games, movies e.g. fast moving images etc. Still... very tempting. The price will probably be fixed by the time I make my mind up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Id imagine its an error, I had to agree to some terms and conditions before ordering and it said that they would not honour incorrect prices :)
    Still with a bit a luck ill have a nice tft soon.. AND free delivery if ordered before March31st hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

heres the specs...

its the 2nd from the left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Looks like a pretty decent TFT. It's a Sony which can only be good and the response time is 16ms (12+4) which is pretty much as good as you can get.

The only reservation I'd have about it is that it's D15 RGB Analog only but at the price ...

As for their price policy. It might well go through un-noticed as while it seems under-priced it's still reasonably expensive. Once they charge the money to your Credit Card they've entered a contract to sell it to you at that price and it's yours.

There was a recent case where Amazon.com mis-priced some iPaq's at £7.23 Stg and £23.04 Stg. Needless to say, in that case Amazon noticed and informed the customers in question that they wouldn't be getting the goods at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

out of stock and cant be ordered py phone.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Looks like all the stock has been picked off pretty quickly. Looks like that saves me from parting with €333 more of my cash ;)

It will be interesting to see if the product comes back into stock at the same price.

Interesting so see if anyone gets one.

Anyone order one?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

To:
    @
    .---
    Cc:
    Subject: OR
    Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:26:40 +0100

Dear Mr

We hereby would like to send you an e-mail in order to inform you
    that your order,
    OR
    unfortunately had to be cancelled.
    At the time your order has been placed, we experienced some pricing
    errors in our systems,
    which resulted in this cancellation. We would like to refer to our
    Terms and Conditions as
    well. (as stated in paragraph 5.)

Furthermore we would like to inform you, that we received your
    payment of Euro 333,04.

As this technical issue now has been resolved, we off course would
    like to invite you to
    replace your order with us. You can easily do this yourself at our
    website
    www.sonystyle-europe.com. Of course, you may also contact us at 0140
    733 41 should you
    need advise or assistance from one of our agents.

Once again, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience this
    might have caused and we
    do sincerely hope this will not affect your future purchases with us.

Yours sincerely,
    Customer Service
    SonyStyle

--

I rang them on Tuesday 'cos I had a problem trying to do a Bank Transfer, and to make sure my address was correct. The guy told me that the order was complete and he couldn't change the details. Then I logged in to the Order History (for the first time) on Wednesday night and saw that the order was cancelled.

Well, it was worth a try :( Now to get my money back. (Bound to be as much fun as it was trying to give it to them in the first place)

It is what it's.

My mate ordered one and it was cancelled he has been emailing and writing letters all week looking for an apology as they broke their own terms and sgreement.

I think he has to much free time tbh.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

isnt it in their terms & conditions that errors in pricing will not be honoured?

Think he going on the angle that they never informed him ,he didnt get one of those emails.

He has a valid point and is just **** stirring tbh.

He did look very bored in work today so he had a full page letter wrote out to their head of customer service.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Hmm I think when amazon had the problems they noticed at the billing stage (before taking money). If they accepted the money from you then cancelled, you may have a strong case as they completed the transaction at the stated price. No clue what their terms say but you could try pushing a bit harder :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Yea my order was cancelled aswell.. Fair enough I was chancing me arm but they didnt know that.. They should have emailed to let me know. I wont be shopping there in future :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Fair play to Elena in the European Consumer Center. She tried her damndest to get the thing for me. Customer Relations and their legal department were brutal. Although I had a pretty good idea it wouldn't happen, it was worth it in the end. Got the refund today, with interest. :) (I'd originally paid by bank draft)

It is what it's.

Advertisement