Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 633 DVD Player From Extravision

• 23-03-2003 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi y'all,
    Extravision currently have a deal where you can get a Philips 633 DVD player for €169. This also includes €50 worth of DVD rental vouchers.
    Has anyone used one of these DVD's players ? Are they OK ?
    Any restrictons on these vouchers ? (i.e. can only use them on Tuesday evenings between 6.30PM and 6.46PM :))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Vouchers are 25x€2. One per rental. I got the JVC one for Christmas from them. I was a bit pissed about the vouchers but very very happy with the DVD player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I would advise AGAINST IT!!

I had a 633 for a few months and it was fine for most things but when i put in a slightly scratched disk (LOTR) it sometimes paused for a second. My dad had the LX3000D (also philips) downstairs and it was fine... and much better build quality too.. so i brought back the 633 and paid a fair bit extra for the LX3000D but it was well worth it.. the moral is... dont buy cheap brand name ones... if you must buy a cheap player.. get a cyberhome or something.. they are pretty good and a lot cheaper.
    Also MP3 playback was a pain... it would only play on disks recorded at 10x and below... would not work on anything higher and the audio quality was not the best either.

As for the €50 voucher.. as far as i know (from another thread this is!) you can only use them in lots of €2 per rental so for every rental you do still have to pay money and use one of the vouchers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

Any thoughts on the Cyberhome ADL-528 ? It seems to be pretty solid in most reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Do a search for cyberhome in this board you'll find a dozen or so reviews of it, personally I wouldn't particularly reccomend one, The Cyberhome 505 would be a better bet, but is a tad bit more expensive (199).. well worth it though for the amount of features it packs in and it'll play anything you throw at it (multi-region).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

I'm looking at replacing a player at the moment, what is the recommended dvd player on the market at the mo, for all reound features and quality? (very vague I know)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

i bought my girlfriend a cyberhome a little over a year ago. it never got terribly much use, maybe one film a week, and recently went kaput.

not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Was over at www.richersounds.ie and noticed a Pioneer DV350 Multi Region for €179. This baby was launched October 2002 and What Hi Fi ? gave it 5 out of 5.

Richersounds here I come !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Ive had the 505 since christmas, played tons of films on it, runs like a dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by demac
    Was over at www.richersounds.ie and noticed a Pioneer DV350 Multi Region for €179. This baby was launched October 2002 and What Hi Fi ? gave it 5 out of 5.

Richersounds here I come !!!!

unfortunaly they're out of business, you might want to see the "richer sounds ireland closed" thread ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Anybody know the website for Extravision? Cant find it on Google or do they even have one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

Type Xtravision In Goooooogle

Advertisement