Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nada Surf for Whelans

Options
  • 23-03-2003 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

NADA SURF
    Plus special guests
    Saturday, May 10th '03
    Whelans, Wexford St
    Tickets: 16.50 (inc booking fee)
    Doors: 8pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

whats with all the MAY gigs...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Where can i buy tickets for this. I live down in Cork but i would make the trip to see them and i want to know can you buy the tickets off the internet?

Also would it be 18's and over only?

[smiles with glee] OMG Nada Surf [/smiles with glee]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I'm so there, I've been waiting years for Nada Surf to finally show up in Ireland.

Woo Hoo etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

where can i buy tickets for this?
    I assume you can get them on ticketmaster.ie

would it be 18's and over only?
    Whelans is an 18's and over venue altough you could always chance your arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I guess i shall be chanceing my arm then. Yeah i was checking ticketmaster earlier for them but alas they were not for sale.
    I was also wondering why this wasn't announced on the Nada Surf website or the Karmic site.

I guess i shall be chanceing my arm then. Is security tight there. Anyway i doubt they will be checking for under-agers at a Nada Surf gig considering they are pretty small.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Originally posted by Raggamuffin
    whats with all the MAY gigs...?

yeah, it was exciting at first but now it's becoming a bit of a joke with everything starting to overlap.
    mogwai is on next door in the village that night.

they're all pretty cool bands but how could anybody afford to see even half of them. i'm just stickin to gemma, mogwai and radiohead and maybe beck. i'd love to go to a lot more though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Hi

Basically I lifted the details out of an e-mail sent by MCD ... so I assume its correct! It's also now on the Whelans web site. Tickets available from Road Records , City Discs, Sound Cellar and Ticketmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i have stupid damn evil exams of doom!!! that month so stop playing gigs!

-thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah it's a pain there's loads of gigs id love to see in may but thanks to exams that wont be ahppening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

i can't believe it. i really can't. the years i've pined for a nada surf live show are coming to an end. got my ticket, got my enthusiasm... roll on may!

is it possible to die of excitement? i'm on me way...

• Advertisement

i'm sure you'll be fine beretta, but don't worrie if i notice a lack of posting i'll send over a Coroner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭RED HORN

I've got my ticket :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

a coroner? i misread that and thought it said corona. which is beer. which would be nice.

hah!

any ideas on who's gonna be supporting nada surf? i hope its ben kweller and that crazy old man from the simpsons who sings with his pants around his ankles.
    "...ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

I got my tickets as well, better dust the cd basket and the old debut album by them, I'm sure I have lost it deep in the depths of my bedroom somewhere.

There first album was class if u ask me, better than the second one.

Anyway does anyone have any idea who is supporting.

Do you think it will sell out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

It seems like May is the month of concerts. Seriously, last year there was an overload of potential shows, and it seems like this year is the same.

Mogwai and Nada Surf are now on the same night. I would have gone to both, however now it seems I shall go to this show.

Anyone under 18 just ask someone 18+ who is going in to be your guardian to satisfy the bouncers, just don't buy any beer.

Originally posted by beretta
    a coroner? i misread that and thought it said corona. which is beer. which would be nice.

hah!

i could see what i can do about the beer.... it'll be cheaper and much easier then a coroner.
    in fact all in all it'll work out better for everyone!

Advertisement