Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrowind

Options
  • 23-03-2003 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if this is worth buying and if so wheres the cheapest shop to pick it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

If you're into open ended fantasy rpgs, then you should dig it. I did find it got too easy & repetitive after your character reached a certain level. On the plus the game area is very big & there are some good mods around which adds to its replayability. I think I saw it with the expansion Tribunal for 50 EURO @ Game in Limerick. Be warned, its a hungry bugger, youll need a decent spec machine for it to run well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

How does pentium 4 2.4ghz geforce 4 64mb 256 ram sound?Cheers for the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

How does pentium 4 2.4ghz geforce 4 64mb 256 ram sound?
    Nothing wrong with your system :D
    Have fun if you decide to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

It is very good.. lovely graphics etc etc... one thing though as Jilm said its too easy after you reach a certain level... on level 50 i was pretty much like a God and only Gods could kill me!!

As for mods though... the expansion packs (official) do make the game a LOT harder... i just could not get into the expension pack when i got it though.. was too much of the same and went from being too easy to extremely difficult. Maybe i will have another go some time.. If only it had a multiplayer option...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

I just couldn't stand character interaction. The fact that characters shared the same dialogue with others meant you didn't give a monky about any one else in the world and thus made the game a rather lonely experiene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

its meant to be lonely; you're the outlander... etc. But i take your point, and it was one of my main problems with the game too... and lots of other little ones, and the way it got so boring after awhile. Its is worth getting though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Originally posted by orangerooster
    How does pentium 4 2.4ghz geforce 4 64mb 256 ram sound?Cheers for the price!

Morrowind rocks... But you're system will slow down at times. Morrowind is very CPU intensive. Your graphics card will only do so much of it, it's the AI code that bogs it down. You really need 512MB of ram to play it with all the detail turned up

Advertisement