Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics in College

Options
  • 23-03-2003 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if someone could help me out here, someone who has it done before :)

Im trying to decide if for my second choice I want to do Bess[which has politics] or something with History, like History and Economics.

Has anyone got any insights into the courses, what they discuss etc.
    I've looked on the ciriculum but they only give general topics, like Irish politics?

Im just trying to find out what they actually teach you :P

Any help would be appriciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

do you mean what courses are avaiable, like the public admin one in UL or Government and Public Policy in UCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well theres a history and politics in TCD
    A philosophy and politics in TCD
    A politics section in BESS
    and A politics section in UCD

I want to try and find out what the course content is like, hopefully by someone whos done it before ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

well im doing Government and public policy in ucc soon to be government and political science, we are in the commerce faculty so there isa strong business orientated influence in the course. if its political theory you are after than youd probably be better off doing one of the courses offered by TCD.

this year (my second) im covering a broad range of topics from economics (both macro and micro) to conflict control to new public management to political ethics.

the course also incorporates a placement into the third year.

Advertisement