Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKY satellite borked

• 23-03-2003 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

An increasing number of channels on Sky Digital are giving me a 'No Satellite Signal is Being Received' message.

I gave Sky a call and after some incredibly helpful advice (turn it off, wait, turn it back on) they basically said it's not their problem.

As it stands now the only working news channel is ITV NEWS, nothing after MTV BASE works in the music section, E4, Bravo, Paramount (and probably a shed load more channels that I wouldn't watch anyway) aren't working.

FilmFour free weekend? Not for me. I don't get that one.

Anyway, I know sweet feck all about how these things work, but if anyone could offer some advice, t'would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Tomorrow call the guys who installed it

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Your dish might have been slightly knocked out of alignment by strong winds/birds/scud missiles. This would explain why you can still receive some channels. Do a signal check (press 'services' --> 4 --> 6). If the signal meters are low this is probably the case, however even if they are high it might be the case still as the signal strength meter is only for the default transponder that the EPG is stored on (there are lots of different transponders).

You could try moving the dish (very slighty) from side to side until the channels come back, but if you don't know much about it then I wouldn't recommend it. Others here can probably give you better advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Signal strength seems to be ok, the 'Strength' meter is about 3/4 full, 'Signal Quality' is about half.

I think I'll try moving the dish tomorrow as you said. It's not worth the subscribtion fee as is, so there's not much to loose by giving it a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Stoneball

Hey m8 i had the same problem and i still get it the odd time
    What you have to do is if it doesnt work the first time try it about 3 or 4 times and if it still doesnt work try changinf the V to H or vice versa and then try it again.
    Its strange i know but it seems to work for me ok buddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Try accessing the channel 3 or 4 times? That sometimes works alright, but it's gotten a lot worse recently.

Changing V to H, is that in the settings? I'll have a look next time I'm watching telly.

Cheers anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

we had that problem the last few months and was getting progressively worse. The flicking up and down channels aslo was beginningto sort it.

Contacted sky and they gave me the same fantastic advice of checking wires and flicking through menus.

Rang the installer and he came out on Saturday. After I explained the problem to him he nipped up onto the roof and replaced the LNB. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Fortunately the system is still under warranty so the 2 minute job didn't cost the usaual €100 or whatever it is.

So I reckon it is your LNB that is at fault

Advertisement