Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Explorer 5

Options
  • 23-03-2003 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

A need some help with a really annoying problem with IE5. I can initially connect and browse without problems but after about 15 minutes I get the error "Page cannot be displayed" as though I have lost connection but Ican still see the terminals flashing in the bottom right and I can still use IRC.

Tried a different ISP but I have the same problem.

Any help!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I get that same problem in college occasionaly. It usually requires that you log back onto the server, but that's crazy college networking malarkie... probobly not the same thing.

Anywho, what are you using IE5 for? Download Opera. Flupin fantastic browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

does it tend to happen to the same website or is it random ?

what it could be a problem with the installation. try and upgrade to IE6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

Do u open up Kazaa or something simliar as soon as u log on to the internet?

Things like Kazaa tend 2 slow your computer down and stop you from viewing pages.

dis is probally no help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yep, if you've got another program running in the background that eats up bandwidth then you'll get the 'page cannot be found' page every once in a while.
    i get that all the time if i try browsing at the same time as using kazaa & getright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

tried re-installing but its still the same. I still have the two terminals in the bottom corner but I cannot ping anything. Its happens about 10 mins after I connect. No other programs running. Is it DNS settinds or TCP/IP or........???

• Advertisement
Advertisement