Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal 2 - 1 Everton

• 23-03-2003 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Jesus that was close, big scare at the end when everton tried to do a robbie keane on us.. (Late in the match, long ball up from almost excactly where finnan struck it, met on the head but didnt go far from there)..

Looks like Arsenal are still on track to take the premiership then..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Jesus H Christ

i still reckon they are going to **** the course, lucky one today. Got a goal from a corner before the match even got going. The away matches is where they will falter. I reckon utd will do the double

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I think Man u have too many hard games to win it. Arsenal will win it by a cpl points imo. Man u will win CL tho :D

Tizlox: plz dont put scores in topics cos some ppl might not have seen it or had it taped or whatever and wanted to watch it before knowing score :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Jesus H Christ

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    I think Man u have too many hard games to win it. Arsenal will win it by a cpl points imo. Man u will win CL tho :D

Tizlox: plz dont put scores in topics cos some ppl might not have seen it or had it taped or whatever and wanted to watch it before knowing score :)

i just think that after watching utd yesterday they seemed to have a real hunger, as if they could smell blood if ya know what i mean. Utd players are coming out talking about how they are looking forward to the run-in whereas Arsenal players are coming out whinging about this that and the other. Different vibes coming from the different camps.

I just think after utd being so far behind and now back in it with the opportunity of throwing it back into arsenals face it that utd will take it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

It was close alright, Everton could have niked the draw, even though Bergkamp pulled back Unsworth, but he got away with it which RVN did against Fulham. Still looked very suspect at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I can see it now on Tue 1-1 Ranieri brings on Cole to scare the **** of out of them, and CFC go through to the semis, its going to be very tight.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

It would be excellent to see that alright, take another notch of the arrogant swagger of the arse.
    I see that the arse continued their cheating ways again there today with Henry travelling 2 or three foot before collapsing and screaming for a penalty. Then he goes and and gets booked for acting the spoiled little brat that he is.

Then again we are dealing with Arsenal here, who along with their fans cannot face the fact that they are a cheating bunch of brats who throw tantrums when someone cristises them.

If I cause this thread to be locked I aplogies to the other fans but I for one thought boards was a place where we discussed football but also slagged the shíte out of each other which is part of what you get for supporting a team. Now if we locked each thread where a team was slagged off then 90% of threads would be locked by this stage. Maybe the admins on these boards should take a look at the mods and make sure that when the truth is posted on a thread, the thread is not locked. :rolleyes:

BTW - I do know that United have too many flutes who are willing to fall when a breeze blows, which drives me mad, just in case I get anyone saying that I think other wise

What annoyed me more about the Henry incident is not that he fell but that he fell once he had entered the box.

He got fouled ( if he was) well outside the box, he took a few more steps and then went down with arms flailing inside the box.

That pissed me off :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by yop
    Then again we are dealing with Arsenal here, who along with their fans cannot face the fact that they are a cheating bunch of brats who throw tantrums when someone cristises them

i have criticised Bergkamp for an elbow to the face of an opponent. only a couple of days ago i criticised Francis Jeffers for his diving. i am an Arsenal supporter. i wont comment on Henry today. i did not see the match because i had to be somewhere else and hope to see highlights at some stage tomorrow. all you have said can also be attributed to some Manchester United supporters and some supporters of every club

and we've seen them many a time on these boards ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by yop
    Now if we locked each thread where a team was slagged off then 90% of threads would be locked by this stage.

And you'd be banned for life. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

From fair and level-headed:
    Originally posted by yop
    Unsworth, but he got away with it which RVN did against Fulham. Still looked very suspect at the back.

...to classic Yop!
    Originally posted by yop
    It would be excellent to see that alright, take another notch of the arrogant swagger of the arse.
    I see that the arse continued their cheating ways again there today with Henry travelling 2 or three foot before collapsing and screaming for a penalty. Then he goes and and gets booked for acting the spoiled little brat that he is.

Then again we are dealing with Arsenal here, who along with their fans cannot face the fact that they are a cheating bunch of brats who throw tantrums when someone cristises them.

All in the space of a couple of hours!

Didn't see the match but I'm very disapointed Henry didnt score... I need points in my fantasy footie team ;p

i have criticised Bergkamp for an elbow to the face of an opponent. only a couple of days ago i criticised Francis Jeffers for his diving. i am an Arsenal supporter. i wont comment on Henry today. i did not see the match because i had to be somewhere else and hope to see highlights at some stage tomorrow. all you have said can also be attributed to some Manchester United supporters and some supporters of every club

Apologies mossy, I actually meant to put the word SOME in the statement about the arse fans. I know there are plenty who cannot stand some of their piss acting, just as much as I cannot put up with RVN and Beckham keelin over as if they were hit with a scud
    And you'd be banned for life.

Aye, and had the 2nd cut of grass off my grave! :p
    All in the space of a couple of hours!

I know but it was what happened here to one of the threads on boards that shows that a group of people cannot make statements without the threads been locked out because some mod has issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Yous were lucky...altrough in fairness ye deserved the win.

Great goal again by Rooney.
    Just hope Moysey will start him for every game from now to end of season

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭hells angels

Arsenal hav the prem in the bag all they hav to do is keep their heads and it'll come to them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Eh, they are only two points clear and have to play second place. How can you possibly say they have it in the bag? There are eight games left, Arsenal, United and Newcastle are all going to drop some points between now and the end of the season. It is very rare for teams to win 8 consecutive league matches.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think all the top three will drop points but ManU and Newcastle have to play far better opposition. In fact I think ManU have to play Arsenal, Newcastle, Liverpool and Everton (very tricky last game).

Personally I think if Manu dont beat Arsenal then they wont win the league, Arsenal will take a draw from that game and be comfortable winners.

Hyzepher

Advertisement