Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get 40cm dish

• 23-03-2003 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

I hope it's ok to post this here.

As above in Dublin area. I believe it should be enough for Sky Dig in Dublin. - oh, can you fit a quad lnb to them?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Was at a house in Dun Laoghaire when I was working for an installer. They had one of those little 40cm dishes, during bad weather they're far more sensitive, we just replaced it with a 60cm..

I think you're best sticking with the 60cm where possible.. you'll get away with a 40cm though if you don't mind the odd drop out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

That's why I opted for the 40cm David. From what I've read, people as far away as Donegal can get a pretty decent reception from a 40cm dish. It's a case of having to hide the dish as well, living in an apartment block.

The problem is to source one. Tony doesn't seem to sell them on his site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

40 or 45 cm is RUBBISH. No use in rain.

Go for standard 60cm.

If you EVER want non-Sky satellite or QUAD LNB to work in HEAVY rain, then go for 80/90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Hi Mountjoy.

I understand your reason for not being able to get a 60cm dish.

There doesn't seem to be any available from Irish sources (maybe someone will let us know if I'm wrong).

Try looking on the Satcure site. I got a quad lnb from them before, and had no problems. Obviously post and packaging might be an issue, although maybe it won't be so bad because it's a smaller dish :)

The link is - http://www.satcure.com/accs/page2.htm

Here's something that be suitable from their list -

CH10 43cm Channel Master minidish and universal LNB £29.95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger
    That's why I opted for the 40cm David. From what I've read, people as far away as Donegal can get a pretty decent reception from a 40cm dish. It's a case of having to hide the dish as well, living in an apartment block.

The problem is to source one. Tony doesn't seem to sell them on his site.

Unfortunately there is not enough demand to stock these and also the problem of people complaining when they dont work. You should try some of the dealers listed in what satellite or you might consider using a disguise dish like the globesat which is a dish hidden inside a light .

Good luck

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger
    From what I've read, people as far away as Donegal can get a pretty decent reception from a 40cm dish.

Well, I have tried one out at work and the signal is significantly lower on the "Zone 1" minidish compared to the Zone 2 dish. It was a Channel Master with Cambridge LNB. They're tidy looking but i wouldnt' recommend them. I can foresee RTE channels being a bigger problem with the weaker signals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Well, according to Driver1 in an earlier thread:
    I use a 60 cm dish for sky and a 40cm dish for my FTV box. The 40 cm is less affected by rain than the 60cm (Probably better alligned). The 40cm dish works perfectly for all channels and I live in rainy Donegal

It's hard to know what to do. Do you still have the 40cm dish, Irishbyte - the one you threw in the shed? :) I might buy it off you to try out.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sorry Mugger, I don't have that dish anymore! :( I gave it as kinda exchange for an 80cm Triax solid dish! Good enough deal, I think you'll agree! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bmg

kesh electrics in fermanagh have 43cm dishes.

Advertisement