Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP problems

Options
  • 23-03-2003 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I confess I'm a bit of a techo-moron who has no right to have his own web site, but I do and it was all so simple until Yahoo Geocities changed their ftp proceedure a while back.

I use Dreamweaver and someone (my brainy sister) helped me set it up so I just pressed "put" and new stuff was neatly uploaded onto my site. The genius sister's not on hand right now. I've downloaded some ftp software recommended by Geocities, but can'tfigure it out.
    So, could anyone explain in idiot's terms how I might just return to the click of a button simplicity of before. Help......
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the name of the ftp software would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dónall

Well, the software I downloaded on Geocities' recommendation is WS-FTP Pro. But until now I was simply using Dreamweaver 4 and no other software on top of that. I really want to just get back to uploading everything once I've prepared it on Dreamweaver 4 and not have to use any other software.
    Cheers.

Advertisement