Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot connect to Dalnet

Options
  • 23-03-2003 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hello.
    I am behind a NAT LAN in a college campus, and I cannot connect to Dalnet, and a number of other IRC networks. This is because of an open proxy, and as a result we have been local banned. Is there any proxy software that you know of that will allow me to connect. I have used Anonymity 4 Proxy on my dial-up at home, but this does not support IRC traffic port 6667. What I need is something that allows me to connect to a valid server, from which I can connect to Dalnet, IrcNet etc.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    P.S: No, I cannot ask the network admin to secure the LAN proxy. Its ran by ESAT, and it took them 3 weeks to even get the thing to accept connections.

Advertisement