Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

siting on the bus...

• 23-03-2003 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Is any1 really wierd about where they sit on the bus ? as in you have to sit in the same (or roughly the same) place on the bus?
    where do you sit OR do you not give a ****e ? :) just curious as i think one of my frnds has a problem...she asked a man to move so she could sit in her (fav) seat :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I usually don't care as long as it's a window seat and upstairs and somewhere in the middle.. maybe I do care.. a little ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think this is an example for this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=822327#post822327

I think most people prefer to sit alone (on a double seat). On an otherwise empty bus I would sit on one of the seats on the rear axle (got lucky twice on those seats). I tend to sit towards the front on a short journey (convenient), upstairs front for long journeys (better view and easier to go downstairs than upstairs back). I tend not to sit upstairs on a Nitelink. But no I don't ask people to move for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yeah, I always have to sit upstairs and a window seat on the right-hand side, preferably the one right in front of the stairwell. However asking someone to move out of their seat is a bit much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

If the bus is kind of empty, then I'd sit up the top, preferably somewhere in the middle next to the window. It doesn't bother me either way though, I don't mind sitting next to other people or anything like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'll usually sit upstairs, unless it's short journey. Probably a hangover from being a kid, and it was cool to sit upstairs. If the bus is emptyish, i'll sit up the front. If it's fullish, I'll take whatever I can get, but preferably towards the back. And I hate sitting beside the aisle because you have to constantly balance yourself between not leaning on the person beside you and not falling off the chair (when going around corners).

But I'm not picky :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Yeh upstairs on the right behind the stairs. Or if it's in the morning and the bus is packed I'd sit upstairs at the very back since no one every sits there plus it's cool to sit at the back of the bus :P

On the other hand if it's the 10 I like to stand in the bendy section...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah the bendy section on the 10. I like to have one foot at the stationary side and the other on the moving side. I don't mind where I sit on a bus actually. Although I prefer to sit downstairs. Actually I prefer to stand tbh unless it's a long ride.

Anyone ever have a group of people rock a bus from the upstairs? Class fun but not to be advised or to be tried at home etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I like to sit upstairs or stand but when im coming home from college to get to the train station in drumcondra i like to sit near the front upstairs coz i sometimes miss my stop! hehe! i can see the train bridge from there so know its time to move.....

.... Im a sagitarius and i like long walks on the beach and classical musc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

I sit mostly on the seat directly as oyu go up the stairs or a few behind it. cant stand sitting anywhere near the back, way to may arseholes like it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

you all say you dont mind where you sit and then go on to give about 10 different things u must have when on the bus lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

when im tired i go for the front seats upstairs on the bus otherwise id go for a seat nearish the back on the right upstairs

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

If it’s a short journey, like inside Dublin, I don’t care if I sit or not.

This is a bit silly, however if I'm going from Ballina to Dublin or Ballina to Galway (etc) I want to sit some where near the back on the left on my own (so I can sleep). If the bus is empty, I will sit in the back on the left.

On the other hand, if the bus is nearly full, I just want any seat.

I think I like the back because it is usually empty and fewer people pass by to get on or off when I’m trying to sleep or read or look out the window at sheep. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

on a fairly empty bus i would go up near the front and grab some shut eye. on a packed bus anywhere will do. i hate having to stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Slightly off topic but the thing that really bugs me is seeing buses fly past without stopping. The reason being that you might have 10 seats free upstairs but everyone has congregated downstairs so the driver thinks the bus is full....

Sit down upstairs people - it won't bite - and I might get to work a bit earlier!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

dublin bus, take what you can get as far as im concerned..

have my personal stereo anyway, not as if i have to listen to any crap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

upstairs towards the back usually, might just stand downstairs if im only going to be on the bus for 3-4 stops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

have my personal stereo anyway, not as if i have to listen to any crap..

Thank the Lord Jesus and all his disciples for my MiniDisc player. Remember I'd to go without it for almost a month (getting repaired) - I nearly lost the plot on some bus journeys around Dublin...

As for cross-country buses, I tend to sit on the side that the sun won't blind/boil me. P.O.S.H., that sort of thing ;)

Sitting on the right means that you're on the side that isn't grinding potholes open, and avoiding the seats near the axles means a smoother ride.

Oh, and I hates curtains!!

Epitaph
    Wouldn't it be wounderful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I try and avoid the front of the bus cos the old people who smell of p.iss and vicks and liver spot creme congregate around there. I don't mind sitting down the back with all the knackers as they go home to the halting sites. ( Last stop on the route )

Its always fun with them. Gwan try to steal my rolex, gwan you smelly c.unts. Gwan f.uck off back to Uncle Dad.

Anyone else get stiffies while riding the bus ? I always get at least one. 3 minutes into the journey and "boinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg" , like a ****ing alarm clock or something. I guess you could actually call it an alarm c.ock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

in the middle...im not cool enouh for the back and im not a square who sits in the front......only kidding, on my own if possible, if not then next to the least likely person to 1: Stab me 2:Offer me sweeties while pushing me into a big black bag 3: Stab me and rob me 4: Little knacker girls 5: knackers in general 6: old people who might smell of piss 7: people who look like they have just left the methadone clinic on their way for their next fix 8: old knackers who act like little knacker girls and smell of piss who might rob and stab me while offering me sweeties and pushing me into a big black bag (had a bad experience with one of those).............fuk it i think ill walk instead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

heh, sometimes yellum :) it is quite annoying

and it always happens a few miles from home too, damned thing. it's out to get me!

i don't really care about where i sit on busses, althogh I like to sit near the middle.. just so I don't have ot walk too far to get off,and I like sitting on my own.. dont like sharing seats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Upstairs, in the middle, on the right by the window. Or left, whatever. Unless I'm stalking some young one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭oneweb

If available, always behind the stairwell upstairs or up front on top. Only places where i can keep my legs straight ahead rather than having to sit to the side or split legged.

The newer buses are a lot better spacewise, but not quite there. The old ones seem to have been built for midgets.

Other than that the front 3/4 of the bus will do. Preferably alone, or well away from that guy who plays his stupid asteroid game or whatever. Bip, bip, bip, bop. bip, bip...

Asking someone to move (unless they're on the outside of an available seat) is way OTT! A bugger is when you see a couple, bab and bab's gear take up three or four seats. And they just won't move. B'ah! they only paid for two seats!

Yellum, is it 'cos of the "knackers" (don't like usin that word) that u get the hardons? Like the bureaucrat in Futurama "Dirty dirty boy!" [throws herself on Fry]

It is what it's.

Originally posted by oneweb

Yellum, is it 'cos of the "knackers" (don't like usin that word) that u get the hardons? Like the bureaucrat in Futurama "Dirty dirty boy!" [throws herself on Fry]

Uhm, nah. Its cos I'm thinking of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by richindub2
    upstairs towards the back usually, might just stand downstairs if im only going to be on the bus for 3-4 stops.

u get a bus for 3-4 stops you lazy bastard !:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

upstairs, on the left, window seat. i try to sit either at the very back or front, prefare the back, but its usually populated by pot head knackers [there the worst kind].

lately my usual morning bus seat down the back has been overrun by these 14 year old whoes who keep tryin to feel my croch [sp?], damn them whoes!! /me shakes fist in there general direction

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    upstairs, on the left, window seat. i try to sit either at the very back or front, prefare the back, but its usually populated by pot head knackers [there the worst kind].

lately my usual morning bus seat down the back has been overrun by these 14 year old whoes who keep tryin to feel my croch [sp?], damn them whoes!! /me shakes fist in there general direction

:mad:

For the love of God Jim we've over this! Thats your hand! Just stop looking at the young ones and your hand will stop its wanderings.
    P.s You and Yellum should get a room, you seem to both have a bus fetish :)

P.P.S fyi its spelt crotch girlfriiieeend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by yellum
    Uhm, nah. Its cos I'm thinking of you.

Um, ok, I dunno quite how to take that...

...so I'll go "aah, how sweeet" :p

<edit>What's with the case-sensitive smilies?

:ROLLEYES:

It is what it's.

Originally posted by oneweb
    Um, ok, I dunno quite how to take that...

/me Lets innuendo pass by without making a comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

stay on topic, any more spam will be deleted or the the topic will be locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

take a chill pill there monty :p

as i say, who cares where you sit on the bus really? im happy just as long as i get a seat

i stopped gettin the bus in the past few months due to the fact that 3-4 of them just used to drive bye me in the morning and was making me late for work half the time. Either that or i would get on and you would have 15mm of breathing space to yourself while your crushed down the bottom with about 35 ppl all around the stairs/drivers window...

thank god i bought my bike about 3 months ago and just bike it upto work now. Alot simpler and means i can get up about 8:15 instead of 7am :p

Advertisement