Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork / Fermoy ByPass (Watergrasshill)

Options
  • 24-03-2003 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Has anyone heard anything about the bypass to be built on the N8 between Cork and Fermoy?

It's to bypass the village of Watergrasshill.

Has any work on this bypass began yet?

If not, has anyone heard when it might begin or be completed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.corkcoco.com/cccmm/services/roads/index.htm
    N8: The Glanmire / Watergrasshill project is under construction and progressing on programme. The tender amount is €55,868,475 (£44m) and is due for completion in 2003. The Rathcormac / Fermoy section is being carried out as a P.P.P. project. The Motorway Order, E.I.S. and Draft Toll Scheme were published in July, 2001 and a decision is awaited from An Bord Pleanála on the Motorway Scheme. It is hoped to start construction in 2003. The preferred route for the Fermoy / Kilbehenny section, which extends as far as the Limerick / Tipperary border has been chosen. The C.P.O / E.I.S. will be published in 2002.

Contact
    http://www.corkcoco.com/cccmm/contactus/projects.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Well done Victor. Were you that bored that you came to the Cork board and did a websearch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by yellum
    Well done Victor. Were you that bored that you came to the Cork board and did a websearch ?
    Now, now. I am from Cork and visit more often than you think and I've been well aware of the bypass for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Oh right. Where did the dodgy accent come from then ? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement