Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MAME And A Keyboard

• 24-03-2003 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

how would one get a keyboard to work with MAME. i d/l it tonight along with some games. please help because i have no joystick and i really want to play the games

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

As standard

AddCoin = 5
    Player 1 Start = 1
    Menu = Tab

Fire 1 = Ctrl
    Fire 2 = Alt

Plus Arrow Keys

You can also bind all the keys from the menu at "tab"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

It should work already

Not sure of the default keys but once you drop a coin in (5) then press 1p start (1) and the arrow keys are up,down,left right. not sure what the other ones are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i never thought about the number keys. thank you so much

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Or as I've said recently in another post hit the tab key during the game and configure the controls to whatever you like:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

By hitting tab in game you can set the inputs for all games(general buttons) or set the exact buttons for that particualar game, nifty eh

In some games you can also set the game as "free play", but a quick bash of 5+6 should give you enough credits.

• Advertisement
Advertisement