Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advert hi-jacking

Options
  • 24-03-2003 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

This is werid, but have the advertising companies found a way to hi-jack advertising space?

I've been looking at other websites and then come to boards.ie and then seen the same advert from the other site appear instead of a boards.ie one.

It may be accidental though, as I tried doing the reverse (went from www.boards.ie to say www.player2player.net ) and it showed a boards.ie advert.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Urk?

Cant imagine how... and its not happening for me...

Anyone else seen this effect?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Other way to replicate it.

1) Open window go to say boards.ie

2) Open window go to other site.

Other site will sometimes show the boards.ie advert.

The only thing I can think of is that IE6 is doing something funky or it's cache issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I think it's a rather odd bug in IE6 on Win2k or something. I've had the same problem for the last couple of months with graphics being 'inserted' in pages all over the place. Either that or Zone Alarm is doing something odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Maybe it's because most ads share the same dimensions similar file sizes and instead of looking for the new ad it just uses the cached one. Does hitting refresh make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

that could be it. the link still goes to the same place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Dont suppose SMS daters paid for the ad on boards no? :D

Advertisement