Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange error message

Options
  • 24-03-2003 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Anyone have this problem before ... i have a user who is getting the following error ..

"The Microsoft Exchange Server received an Internet message that could not be processed. To view the original message content, open the attached message." and the body of the original email is in a .txt file. Only seems to be happening on emails coming in externally with attactments , and it dosnt always happen. Also only this user has the problem.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Perhaps this user is receiving mail from a Unix client that ends lines with \r instead of \r\n.

I have my router mail me it's /var/log/messages each day and sometimes the exchange server has issues with the format of the logfiles.

Solution, don't send the attachment through the exchange server or have the person sending the attachment zip said attachment or rename it's extension to a .txt or some such.

This might fix exchange's funniness.

Might not too.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

I have also seen this happen when someone sends a mail through Netscape as HTML. Netscape tries to send the html as a text file that cannot be opened by exchange.

Advertisement