Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your joystick!?

Options
  • 24-03-2003 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Well if you're anyway serious about playing BF its worth investing a joystick, it doubles the fun and makes it alot easier at the same time. So to help those who haven't got one, but plan/want to buy one stick up a small paragraph about your joystick. Where you got it, how much it cost, its pros and cons etc.

Ill go first :)

I just got my Microsoft Sidewinder Precision two yesterday. Set me back 30 euro in dixons (GAME where a tenner more expensive), Liffy Valley shopping center. Its got plenty of keys, rudder control and a nice throttle. Its a little clunky to move but im hoping it will get better after use. It doesn't come with suction pads on the bottom and its not very heavy so thats a bit of a downfall. It does come with a three year garentee from microsoft which i was very impressed with. Overall so far id rate it around 7/10.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/sidewinder/Prec2.asp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ah well. Bought one today. Not really any good but does the job €35. Now i read your post vac and i now think to myself, bring it back. I think i will do, tomorrow. That Sidewinder looks nice. Saw it for something like €50 in Game today.

I feel so stupid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Saitek cybork 3d

It has the twisty stick control, a throttle, + the other 2 regular axis of motion.
    8 way pov hat on top
    4 joystick buttons
    7 others at the base of the joystick

Very adjustable joystick imo. The top part can be tilted up/down and also extended in and out slightly. There is a hand rest which can also be raised up and down or turned around if you are a lefty.

No suckers on the bottom but those rubber things stop it moving pretty much.

I paid 50 for it. Waay to much. I got it in pc superstore in Dundalk. And as you can guess it was an impulse buy. I'm sure it would be cheaper on the net.

I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by vac

Microsoft Sidewinder Precision two .microsoft which i was very impressed with. Overall so far id rate it around 7/10.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/sidewinder/Prec2.asp

do u work for microsoft???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Same as the Bullman, I highly recommend the Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold.

Got it for 30 "PUNT" with exstaff discount from PC World :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Well, today i got the Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 (€49.99 was best price). Very nice indeed. Its very comfortable and also the extrememly large amount of buttons are fun. I also have better control of my chelly-whoppers, though i still find flying them pretty hard. The jets in DC are a lot nicer to fly with too, you dont have to go so fast.

It will take some getting used to but it is just, well great :)

Advertisement