Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSI Bluetooth to Nokia 7650 connection problems

• 24-03-2003 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

I just got my Bluetooth connector set up (an MSI Bluetooth Transceiving Key) so as it can talk to my Nokia 7650. However, once I connect the PC is convinced that the remote device has terminated the connection (on the other hand my Nokia thinks it’s still connected).

Has anyone who may have this particular Bluetooth Key and/or the Nokia 7650, come across this problem, and is so, what solution did you discover?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

this thread should help you out:

7650 bluetooth and your PC?

p.s. make sure you have the latest drivers from MSI and the latest version of the Nokia 7650 PC Suite

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Set-up is not really an issue. The MSI key set-up is not dissimilar to the one in the link you posted. Also, I have the latest Nokia and MSI drivers/software.

However, the MSI software never really connects; giving the error message “the remote device closed the connection”. I’ve seen a registry hack solution for this after some extensive Googling, but this is not the issue either.

Has anyone come across this, and if so solved it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

how about giving smiles a shout, he got it working with the MSI Key after giving it a shot:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84495

main quick steps that work on all the adapters i've used are:
    id the host BT COM Port
    set that in mRouter
    do a manual serial connect to the 7650
    (it then disconnects and can throw an error - which can be ignored on some or needs to be dismissed with others)
    the 7650 then does a serial connect back to the adapter
    if mrouter is listening on the host serial port it will pick it up and connect
    (the connect / disconnect / re-connect is resolving a master/slave relationship)

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

the msi software works fine out of the box with the 7650 for most of its applications. make sure you have automatic pairing set up between the 2 devices.

the nokia software seems to also work fine out of the box. all you have do is get mRouter to connect to the fone and the 7650 suite works fine.

i have done both of these on a Win2k box and have also gotten other software set up(bemused for one...). follow the links above and all should be well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭happydude13

what COM port are you using?
    Is the Bluetooth Page displaying the device, and does it show the device being connected.

Do you have PC suite, from nokia.

Ensure the devices have a trusted pairing.

• Advertisement

Sorted. I was doing the right things, just in slightly the wrong order :o

Many thanks to Brian and everyone else who contributed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by DubWireless
    how about giving smiles a shout, he got it working with the MSI Key after giving it a shot:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84495

she :)

Yeah, I was having the exact same problem as you, repeated "remote device closing the connection", and it seems to happen the odd time when I'm using the bluetooth again, the instructions get it all sorted for me.

<< Fio >>

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    Sorted.

good to hear your set-up is up and running

it is such a user un-friendly procedure - so much so with the last release from TDK they added in a dedicated 7650 application / help system for their Bluetooth adapters

BrianG

Originally posted by smiles
    she :)

oops! - sorry :o

BrianG

Originally posted by DubWireless
    it is such a user un-friendly procedure - so much so with the last release from TDK they added in a dedicated 7650 application / help system for their Bluetooth adapters
    Indeed. And whenever a connection is made, the BTTray.exe appears to freeze, meaning that if I lose my connection for whatever reason, I'm forced to manually restart that process.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭ethanf

same here. it was a great fuss to use when i bought that tranceiver key. had to swapp it for a tdk pcmcia card, and it worked great on the computer with no problem at all.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I am thinking about buying the MSI Bluetooth Transceiving Key as I want to connect my 3650 to the PC? From what I have read it works (after a little bit of tinkering) with the 7650. Do u reckon it will work with 3650?

Cheers

both handsets use the same connectivity system for the PC Suite so you should be ok - after a little bit of tinkering :)

so long as you are running win 98se/me/2k/xp

posted some bluetooth adapter info for you here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?pagenumber=2&threadid=88550#post863979

BrianG

Advertisement