Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tnag documentary on dog/cat fur trade

Options
  • 24-03-2003 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Anybody see the documentart on tg4 last night about the dog and cat fur trade into europe.
    They are some of the most horrific pictures ive ever seen on my tv, animals been killed in the most painway way, so as not to damage the furs.
    The surprising thing is that dog and cat fur is a huge money maker in europe, through the sales of rheumatic blankets. I know this a pretty terrible thing to put on a pets board but i think that every cat/dog lover should realise whats going on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

seeing a yelping dog tied up with wire was enough for me, i tried my damndest to avoid tg4 for the rest of the night.
    i turned over later on & saw a blanket that looked suspiciously like it was made of cat pelt, sickening stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Yeah I saw it. It was pretty damn disturbing alright, especially the way the way they killed the cats.

I don't know how people can do that to animals though, it's just sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

All i can say is dont buy rheumatic blankets in germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭RED HORN

Who wears dog and cat fur? Must have serious problems if they call that fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

I dont think that much of the fur was used in fashion, mainly for blankets and that sort f thing. It seems that there is some misguided rumour that it is good for your back, very strange.

• Advertisement
Advertisement