Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games in VC++

Options
  • 24-03-2003 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get some source code for perhaps some space invader type game in Visual C++.

I used to program C before I became a VB contractor, now I want to go back and do a bit of VC++ and make it fun too. Would like to create some sort of game, I figure a space invaders type thing would be a nice and easy start. Would be nice to have some source code as a reference.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

i had a quick look through this book around christmas and it seems to cover a nice bit of stuff to get you started.

if remember correctly there is sample code which was compiled using VC++ 5 or 6 in there. not 100% sure though.

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Download the DirectX SDK and it'll get you started

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Martial_Law

try openGL,

its easier to program and you can do more with it than directX

Martial Law

Advertisement