Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Great cancelled shows

Options
  • 24-03-2003 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

i like sci-fi shows alot and im always p1ssed when the good shows are cancelled but the sh1t is left running! like they cancelled Space Above and Beyond and Earth 2 but are leaving Mutant X running! and i was just wonderig what show you guys liked but got cancelled or what shows you hate that have been left running!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Dark Skies : an intelliegent X-files type clone. It had a certain Jeri Ryan in it, which might explain my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

i second that. is it on again now?? i think i saw an ad for it the other day...

i havint even bothered lookin at mutant x... from the adverts it looks like complete muck. Earth: Final Conflict wasn't too bad until ther changed most of the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Alien Nation, used to love that show...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Battle Star Galactia canceled cause it was to expensive to make:(

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gringo

Wow! god yeah i agree never thought toput those shows down but yeah they rocked battle star galactica was excellent so was earth final conflict! missed a few of the episodes in that series and then could never follow it again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Originally posted by Manach
    Dark Skies : an intelliegent X-files type clone. It had a certain Jeri Ryan in it, which might explain my interest.

afaik it didn't end, it just concluded. :(

I was gutted myself. It was a really great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Earth 2 was another good one that got cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

From what i can remember of dark skies it ran for about a season a few years back and then disappeared. Now there appears to be new episodes on tv3(friday 9pm) but that didnt start at the beginning so i have no idea what is going on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭remoteboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

I thought 'Brimstone' was good but it only lasted 13 episodes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

American Gothic.It used to be on Sunday nights on N2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ah Brimestone and American Gothic they were truely great really piss ed me off when they were stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Time trax is still running on Sky SCI-FI channel.
    Theres also LEXX which had my interest even on the sh** budget, its special effects were great fun. The series started weird and went TOO weird for my taste.
    Had some good ideas felt like a 2nd year college project at times.

Up the KI

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

heeeheee Lexx is cool! heard it described as "star trek's evil twin", sci-fi to the extreme :)

Loved american gothic, how did that conclude !?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

As far as I can remember,American Gothic ended like this-the kid was all evil and possessed by the Sheriff.He was rampaging through the house trying to kill his pregnant cousin,coz he wanted to be the only heir to the Sheriffs power.In the end,the Sheriff came back from the dead and the kids dead sister merged with the kid in order to purge him of the Sheriffs evil.Sorry if that made no sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Space Above and Beyond, Lexx and Brimstone were three of my favourites

Lexx was weird but it was so addictive....

odd really....

meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Millennium, would like to know what Frank Balk and the Millennium Group are up to now, since it has happened.

Can you get the full series on DVD anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

What about Dark Angel that wasn't the worst, it was just getting good when they cancelled it after the second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

farscape - star trek with good acting. got cancelled after season 4 because it was too expensive to make. (although because of the delays in shows making it over here, it only just finished up showing on tv a month or two ago).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

the last series of Millenium was never shown over here
    i think RTE showed a few episodes and then stopped
    Brimstone was indeed brilliant
    Babylon 5 should never have ended, and Crusade was cancelled just as it was getting interesting
    hated earth 2 and gene roddenberrys earh final conflict which was pants and should never have lasted as long as it did
    Dark Angel was good but did go down the road of we have one superhero to loads of superheroes and freaks which is always bad
    i loved Doctor Who, Blakes 7 and Sapphire and Steel as a kid and would love if they showed them again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    farscape - star trek with good acting. got cancelled after season 4 because it was too expensive to make. (although because of the delays in shows making it over here, it only just finished up showing on tv a month or two ago).

actually we got to see the final episode a couple of days before America

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gringo

Was that cancelled! i had no idea im still waiting for a second series! i just thought that they were filming the new seriesn and waiting for current series of toher shows to stop so they could bring this 1out! the ending looked sweet! plissed off now was really looking forward to the next series

farscape is it you're on about? It was season 4 they'd finished showing. They've season 5 written, but can't get it produced. Such a balls as season 4 ended on a cliffhanger. Actually if they had left out the "to be continued" text at the end it would just have look as if
    John and Aeryn had been killed
    . Hopefully they'll get the film of it made, although I don't think a film could live up to the series, it could be the star trek films all over again.

actually season 2 starts on the sci-fi channel tonight at 8:00, and tomorrow at 1:00. Can't wait. (season 1 just finished today).

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Total Recall (the series) was decent enough, and didn't make it past the first season.

Also, its not sci-fi but I'll mention it anyway - New York Undercover!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I didn't see Brimstone, I do know that the devil is now Lionel Luthor in Smallville.

American Gothic - that was great fun! Sam Raimi directed I think.

Space AAB - pity how it finished up...

Crusade / B5 LotR - didn't get a chance to blossom...

BSG - well, at least it is coming back in a revamped format.

Millennium - what a mess they made of season 3 - some good stories but what about story arcs? We did see Frank Blank in an X-Files episode, it was tame enough.

Manimal and Automan - not sure if they should have continued but I think they too only went for about 15 or 20 episodes. Glen A. Larson stable.

Ah American Gothic - Lucas buck and "someone's at the door".

someone's at the door, someone's at the door, well answer it bitch!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Nowhere Man. Sweet Jesus, I loved this show. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Crusade. Yup, I was really getting into this series & then they go and cancel the thing, super. Episodes that come to mind are the X-Files inspired one and the one with the evil techno-mage on that planet. Great stuff altogether!

Outer Limits. Fantastic stuff in that show. Great actors & plots. Can't find the damn thing on DVD though, only the original series.

The Twilight Zone. Similar to the Outer Limits, lovely.

Space Above & Beyond. Pity, loved that show.

Off-topic, but does anyone remember the Flash? :D

Oh, and what happened Sliders, did they get home in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Space Above and Beyond was pretty great.

I also would like to put in a word for New York Undercover which was an excellent T.V show :),

Advertisement