Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Great cancelled shows

Options
13»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Originally posted by Gringo
    like they cancelled Space Above and Beyond and Earth 2 but are leaving Mutant X running!

Mutant X was cancelled too as far as I remember...

Space: Above & Beyond was an utter classic!!!

"This is for you Winslow!" That's about all I remember of it...

I found this when looking, albeit hopefully, for a DVD of it:
    http://www.PetitionOnline.com/SPACEAAB/petition.html
    4250+ signatures. It's a petition to Fox to get them to make a box set. Thought some other massive fans might be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

There's also going to be a new Stargate Movie starring the current characters, and as far as i've heard that's it for that series.

After that it's onto a new Stargate series called Stargate:Atlantis.

Sounds interesting. Not sure of it's setting or anything else about it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

the thnig that really got to me was the way RTE put on the good scifi shows at night, if we were lucky we'd get to see one complete seaon, and then they'd cancell it... do they expect the ratings for these shows to be up at 1am??? i mean i bet rating for the shows would triple if they only put them on at a decent hour!!

i mean would you watch Earth fianl conflict? earth2? Nostradamous? Star Gate SG1? eevn outer limits if they were on at even 10 pm instead of having 2/3 hours of sci fi STARTING at 1am???

cmon rte get ye're act together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

oh god no they couldnt do that<<< that would disurb there lovely soaps and diy shows that old grannys watch!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

I love lucy. they should never have stopped showing that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Hmmm.

The best:
    Stargate - For so many reasons, acting, FX quality, soundtrack, storylines, interesting and evolving arc and characters, persistant universe rules (ie. where they don't discover something totally against previously defined principles that 'just might work captain' (eg. Sub-Space-'fix-it-all'-Fields). I'm damn Glad it's going to be seeing Season 8.
    Babylon5 - Dragged a little for Season 5 but did a good job of tying things up. Changed the way SciFi is made on many levels (The idea that a planned Arc doesn't have to be bastardised based on fears of being cancelled and simplest of all...colourful Space with ships that actually move in 3d dimensional space (I hated the way they'd always be level on just about every other show))
    Crusade - Terrible soundtrack, it's biggest failing imho as it destroyed any attempts and setting a mood. Nice Fx but badly edited action scenes. It had a lot of promise.
    Earth2 - Was slow but realistic and intriguing.
    Fasrcape - Very original and had great production quality.
    Brimstone - Didn't see a lot of this but what I did was damn good
    John Doe - ditto.

The Things That Should not BE!:
    Enterprise - (like all of the Star Trek offerings since TNG it's all about Moral highgrounds and little actual original storyline - like the theme tune and opening though)
    MutantX - Though I've tried I could never sit through a whole episode. Dross
    Andromeda - I turn this on every now and again to see if it's ever going to live up to the promise of the original storyline. Nope. Mediocre acting, awful repeated ambiguous special fx and a terrible soundtrack, not to mention an arc now shot full of holes every time they change their minds about where it should be going.
    Earth: Final Conflict - Fell into the Ster trek line of slow and pointless.
    Voyager - The master of repeat story lines, smug grins and again moral victories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

heres an old one for yous, The Invaders.
    that show used 2 put the ****s up me. anyone remember it?
    It had a mad spooky intro, it was a bit like The Fugitive with this guy goin from place to place, makein freinds and trying to sus out who the aliens were.
    I remember gettin worried coz he could never find any evidence to prove they existed. every time he killed an alien the body would just turn red and disapear
    :(

Advertisement