Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worth buying?

Options
  • 25-03-2003 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

Got the demo of 1942 last week and ive just been playing the demo map over and over...from the looks of this board its a great game in full but i've only got a ****ty 56k modem to connect with, is it worthwhile? are the single player games as good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I can't play on the web either but i have great fun with the bots. Definitly buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Definatly, without a doubt...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Bought it today- Class!!!! Have only played a few maps and levels of the campaign but its excellent. Would you recommend I start downloading the updates straight away?

The satisfying ker-thump-WHAM of the shore batterys rocks my world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Update and get Desert Combat :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

roger that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I do like to point out the following.

I play across 56k. I connect at 38 -> 42 kb/s. I get a ping of 200. I can play BF online without a problem and have done many a time. Its possible to play it across 56k as long as you stick to good ping servers, such as the ones on the server list.

Advertisement