Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iraqi's to use chemical weapons

Options
  • 25-03-2003 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I heard on the news this morning that senior Iraqi military commanders have drawn a line on a map around Baghdad. If the coalition cross this line they have been authorised to use chemical weapons (that they don't have :rolleyes: ) on the advancing troops.

What do you think the response would be ? And they won't drop a nuclear bomb before anyone suggests they will.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Which news said this. To be honest it sounds like more propaganda which coming out in lorry loads from both sides at the moment.

Gandalf.

And they won't drop a nuclear bomb before anyone suggests they will.

True, simply because they'd receive so much political fallout...

In response, they'd probably use conventional bombs, perhaps dig into their box of suprises, and produce some new weapons. Casualties would rise dramatically, with them taking out alot more Iraqi soldiers, perhaps due to a change in operating tactics. Less concentration in taking prisoners, as killing any soldiers they see.
    If the coalition cross this line they have been authorised to use chemical weapons (that they don't have ) on the advancing troops.

Here's a question for you Guys. If Saddam got his hands on an American made Nuke, and used it, would he be justified? I mean, the UN, has moved against WMD's he had, not WMD's he might procure through this war. If he managed to get such weapons from an American Base in Kuwait, do you think he should use these weapons to defend his nation? (The US has said in the past, that they themselves would be justified in using Nukes for defense of their nation).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Which news said this.

I was afriad someone would ask that :( TBH it was 2FM :rolleyes: I know I know....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

If he managed to get such weapons from an American Base in Kuwait, do you think he should use these weapons to defend his nation?

Yes. What makes the Americans the sole arbitors of illucidation vis-a-vis use of Nuclear weapons?

God? The Dollar? McDonalds? Mindless pro-American propaganda spewed from the television?

Ha, the 'coalition' had the world believing the Iraqi army would simply dissert Saddam and wouldn't defend their country.

How many more lies about the righteousness of pax-Americana need to be unvieled, before the true nature of the Americans and this war is uncovered?

What is happening is neo-Imperialism, plain and simple. Look at the country who is helping the US invade Iraq, the UK. When speaking of the UK, it is quite obvious that a Leapord never changes it's spots. The UK once had an empire that spanned 1/4 of the world's landmass and it was only fifty years ago the the UK tried to simply grab the Suez canal with France.

For all the talk about freedom and prosperity since the end of the cold war, it seems as if the side which 'won' has simply become one neo-Imperialist, despotic regieme, exchanged for another.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by daveg
    I was afriad someone would ask that :( TBH it was 2FM :rolleyes: I know I know....
    It's been on a few channels so don't be embarrassed:D

No evidence given for this new story but that's something we're getting used to. Conspiracy theorists will of course be getting ideas about the allies/coalition/whatever using the chemical weapons themselves to create further justification. I'm not really convinced of this - I'm only throwing it out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Frank here's the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Sorry, was reading a few stories, meant to post that one :)

Advertisement