Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing ICS on Win2k

Options
  • 25-03-2003 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

I was using ICS, primarily to provide DHCP for my home network. I've since got a hardware firewall which also does DHCP so I want to disable it on the original PC. I've unshared the dial up connection but it's still determined to dole out IP addresses. Anyone know how to disable it ?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You've tried Start, Settings, Network & Dialup Connections, double-clicking on the network card, then on properties, select TCP/IP, selecting the bottom radio button (use the folowing DNS server addresses) and putting in the address of your hardware DNS server? And the Sharing tab of the network card, unticking the box there?
    If so, I can't help. :(

Advertisement