Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win2k Bootable CD

Options
  • 25-03-2003 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Guys...
    FIrstly, sorry if this has been covered before, i'm in a bit of a hurry so i don't have time to check... I have one CD burner in my PC and a borrowed copy of Win2K. I want to copy this CD, but i'm worried that my copy won't be bootable like the original. I was going to copy the files into windows explorer and then copy them from there onto my blank disc.... It won't be bootable though will it!? Any ideas on how i can do this???:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Come to Boards.ie, for all your piracy needs. :rolleyes:

I don't think you're going to get much help here, Polonius, unless you can justify what you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

Oh right, fair enough. Sorry didn't think. I've just bought 3 PC's and i'm setting up a small network at home. My so called mate however wants his Win2k cd back pronto and i've only setup one pc. So that's why i wanted to try copy it. If it can't be done. then feck it. I just thought i'd ask...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Did the licences come with your computers?

They're not new. I've upgraded the memory to 128, and i want to wipe 98 off them and put Win2k on. If it's a big deal don't worry about it guys. I'll figure out another way. The CD has to go back in an hour anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

doh, double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

you'll need a win2k license for each PC, so one disk isn't going ot do it anyway. It would be illegal without three different license keys that are seperate from the one for your friends CD.

(or you can buy a 5 user license pack of course, or if you are running a win2k server, you get the server license and a 5 user client license, do you need the seperate CD license if oyu have the 5 client license?, would seem a bit like double billing if you did...)

Point taken guys. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement