Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT owe CIE €8M

Options
  • 25-03-2003 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm sure Esat are owed cash from people for severing fibre, most notably the Port Tunnel people did it, I wonder how much compo they have to pay? First they subside the rail tracks, then they break the internet, ye gads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by eth0_
    I'm sure Esat are owed cash from people for severing fibre, most notably the Port Tunnel people did it, I wonder how much compo they have to pay?

Quite. I was referring to the damage caused by ESAT themsleves whne they installed their SDH fibre in 1997/1998. It was a very sloppy job in some areas.

€8m would go some way towards fixing the embankments but would not entirely make good the damage nationwide.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Sorry I forgot to add maybe Esat could use the compo from those people who broke their fibre to pay CIE :D

Maybe CIE are looking for cash to cover the 15% raise they gave their engineers today :)

Advertisement